Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Any luck with your dealer?
I received the car back last week on 06/11/19. I have put about a 150 miles on it and so far the noise has not occurred again and before it would have occurred after about 7 miles of driving or less. The shifting also feels a lot more precise and tight than it did before. Before it felt a little loose in my grip. They basically ended up replacing almost the entire clutch system. I will upload a picture of the documentation they gave me that lists everything they did later this week.

They also had to replace a spindle as they damaged one getting to the clutch. Evidently you have to remove the rear spindles to work on the clutch. It took an extra 4 days because of the spindle replacement. Sadly one of the things I also took it in for was a "Brakes Worn" message appearing. They replaced a bad sensor (there is a bulletin on this) however it appears another sensor has gone bad so I am taking it back this week. Not sure why GM does not just replace all the brake sensors at once. Another thing my wife noticed when driving to Vettes in the Village this weekend was that the fancy alcantara stitched headliner on the removable Carbon Fiber top was falling off. It looks like the adhesive is giving out so they will fix that as the same time as the brake sensor.

Overall I am glad the clutch issue seems to have been repaired as that was the big issue. These other issues, although annoying, are minor in comparison to the clutch.

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
I received the car back last week on 06/11/19. I have put about a 150 miles on it and so far the noise has not occurred again and before it would have occurred after about 7 miles of driving or less. The shifting also feels a lot more precise and tight than it did before. Before it felt a little loose in my grip. They basically ended up replacing almost the entire clutch system. I will upload a picture of the documentation they gave me that lists everything they did later this week.

They also had to replace a spindle as they damaged one getting to the clutch. Evidently you have to remove the rear spindles to work on the clutch. It took an extra 4 days because of the spindle replacement. Sadly one of the things I also took it in for was a "Brakes Worn" message appearing. They replaced a bad sensor (there is a bulletin on this) however it appears another sensor has gone bad so I am taking it back this week. Not sure why GM does not just replace all the brake sensors at once. Another thing my wife noticed when driving to Vettes in the Village this weekend was that the fancy alcantara stitched headliner on the removable Carbon Fiber top was falling off. It looks like the adhesive is giving out so they will fix that as the same time as the brake sensor.

Overall I am glad the clutch issue seems to have been repaired as that was the big issue. These other issues, although annoying, are minor in comparison to the clutch.
My headliner on the carbon fiber top is also letting go. The adhesive isn't living up to expectations.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
9 Participants
rdslon01
Stingray Corvette Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to the 7th Gen Corvette Stingray. Come join the discussion on performance modifications, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing