Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this subject was addressed or not. Planning on getting a 15 zo6. Living in Northern California where good neighborhoods have "pavement undulations" and bad neighbor hoods have "speed bumps", and they all have potholes. I'm concerned about the ground clearance of the splitter. I'll be ordering the stage 1 package. I'll have a few track days just for fun, but not in a competitive way. Is the front splitter removable? or is there an option to not even have it installed coming from the factory? I'd rather not have it than have to replace it often.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Hey Len,

Where do you live around here in NorCal?

I don't think anyone KNOWS for sure yet about how the Z06 will be delivered, but the general consensus of the thinking seems to be that the cars will be shipped without the front splitter installed. The reason is that they have to load the cars up on those delivery trucks for the final legs of the journey from the railway depots to the dealerships.

My plan is to tell the guys at the dealership to just not install the front splitter during the PDI.

I don't think potholes will be a problem at all (zero). I think the problems we will run into around here are the crazy aggressive, rapidly varying slopes because of the rugged topography near the coast in this part of CA. To put it more mathematically, the second derivative of height with respect to distance (rate of change of slope) is what will cause some of us here to have problems.

I hope others may be able to offer additional information.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rdslon01 I live In Brentwood, about 60 miles east of San Francisco. glen e. Thanks for the info and the link.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts