Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Michael from S2T took an interest in our weapon7 project car and offered up a set of his lovely new S2T paddle shifters on our C7! I've got these on my CTS V as well and love the sturdy feel of the paddles when playing with the TU-TD paddles! :rock: I'll get some installed pics when I can, but below are the installed pics on my CTS V as well.

You can get them in silver and black anodized as well as polished clear and polished black. These install in less than a half hour without any modification.

We're going to do a GROUP BUY on these for 10 of you guys and give 10% off. Use the code: S2TGB They'll be ready to ship by the end of the month. DocHoliday, I refunded 10% to you since you were so quick to jump in as well. :)

The C7 Shop by Weapon X Motorsports ? S2T Paddle Shifters for you C7

1. DocHoliday

B1

B2

B3

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure the paddle shifters are all the same, but I will check on that. I haven't tried them on a C7 yet, but on my CTS V they give a better feel when shifting. They have a better/stronger "weighted" feel when shifting and they really do look a lot nicer and dress up your dash experience. Whether you choose silver or black, they frame the inside of the wheel and the dash cluster nicely!

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In case you're wondering on install:

"The installation of the C7 Paddle Shifters isn't difficult at all!

-Disconnect the negative battery cable (disabling the SIR Airbag)
-On the side of the steering wheel there are two circular openings, place the wheel so that one opening is on top.
-Using a blunt-ended tool, push the spring fastener inward through the access hole. Repeat the process for the remaining side.
-Turn the steering wheel upside down and rest the airbag on top of the wheel. Disconnecting the Airbag is unnecessary.
- Gently remove the steering wheel spoke cover by releasing the retaining tabs on the cover. Disconnect the electrical connections.
-Remove screw securing the paddle shifter switch module. Disconnect the electrical connector (Repeat this process for the other side).
-Locate the access window on the reverse side of the paddle shifter switch module. Insert a small flat-head screwdriver through window and push upwards on the paddle shifter pivot pin.
-Pullout the pivot pin from assembly and separate the paddle from the switch module. Please be careful not to lose the spring or spring guide from the OEM assembly. They will be reused during reassembly (Repeat this process for the other side).
-Insert the spring and guide into the S2T Performance Paddle Shifter and insert this assembly into the switch module. Insert the OEM pivot pin. Press on the Paddle Shifter assembly to check for proper operation (Repeat this process for the other side).
-Reinstall the Paddle Shifter assembly into the steering wheel and secure with OEM screw and reconnect the electrical connection (Repeat this process for the other side).
-Reinstall the steering wheel spoke cover and reconnect the electrical connections.
-Straighten the steering wheel and reinstall the SIR Airbag. Please make sure the Airbag locks into place on both sides.
-Congratulations!!! Your new S2T Performance Paddle Shifters are now installed!

It may seem like a lot of steps but, it doesn't take any longer than a half hour to install the Paddle Shifters."

·
Registered
281 Posts
Do you have the actual measurement of these replacement paddles?

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
281 Posts
While you are doing that I went out and measured my OEM bite sized mini-paddles at 3.75". Thanks for your time!

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That all depends, some dealers won't mess with non OEM parts. You could probably bribe a tech savvy friend with a case of beer for 30m of their time on a Saturday lol ;)

Corvette Install

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'd trust myself before trusting anyone other than a Certified Stingray Dude. Does anyone here know anything about Corvettes of Houston? They might have a Certified Stingray Dude and I hear they'll do more things for money than that gay drunk midget on Montrose.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Just wondering..... Has there been any issues in connection with the factory OEM paddles? Accessibility making shift in turns? I might be mistaken (Bad eye sight) but I believe I saw nothing more than buttons on the steering wheel of a Ferrari one time. Are these S2T paddles made of superior materials? What exactly are the advantages to them?

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
These have a larger "paddle" area for your fingers and ease of shifting along with a more solid feel. It's really tough to explain without feeling the weight of them while attached; however, if you have fun shifting your C7 with the wheel paddles, then you'll love these. Not only do they dress up the dash, but they enhance the overall experience!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ben, these are the same part for both manual and auto trans?

Besides being sturdy, any other advantages please?
Hello elegant,

Thank you for your Post!

Yes, our C7 Paddle Shifters fit both the Manual and Automatic transmissions.

The C7 S2T Paddle Shifters offer a larger shifting area, additional leverage, better feel, superior materials, 3 different and unique Paddle Blades, and a variety of Finishes to choose from to customize your interior.

Kind regards,

Michael Bello
S2T Performance Products

·
Registered
281 Posts
These are awesome and necessary. Trying to decide between B1 and B3. Is there a size difference?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks! I want these. Should the dealer be willing to install them?

Hello Raydor,

Thank you for your Post!

We have been selling our Paddle Shifters directly to New Car Dealers since 2010. These Dealers have installed our Paddle Shifters on the Audi R8, Cadillac CTS, Cadillac CTS-V, and Chevrolet Camaro as accessories on brand-new Showroom cars, in addition to parts and service customers.

While we can't speak for your local dealer, they 'should' be willing to install them for you at a reasonable cost. The Installation is straight forward requiring zero modfications and fitment is 100% OEM.

Kind regards,

Michael Bello
S2T Performance Products

1 - 20 of 54 Posts