Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Down and dirty: We've rolled out our new diffuser fins and this group buy will get it started. :)

Pricing is for a complete set of four.

• Unpainted: $499.99
  • Carbon Flash Metallic: $599.99
  • Carbon Fiber $899.99

For the group buy, they'll be:

• Unpainted: $449.99
  • Carbon Flash Metallic: $499.99
  • Carbon Fiber $699.99

***For the Group Buy, Custom Colors will be priced at the unpainted price, plus the actual cost of the paint requested.***

They simply attach with 3M double sided tape, require NO cutting or drilling, and the original prototype set we put on a car LITERALLY 2 years ago is still wearing them down here in hot, humid, rainy south Florida. :D

What do you guys think? (Apologies for the cell phone pics. We'll have some better ones up later this week.)

And here's the original prototype set we did for a former vendor. These can ONLY be ordered through us directly.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Group Buy:

1. CorvetteOJ + Custom "Corvette Racing Yellow" - Paint Code (for those interested): WA386A
2. NightRaceRick - Carbon Flash Metallic
3. rickbmw123 - Carbon Flash Metallic
4. SwisStingray - Carbon Flash Metallic
5. CharlieBrown266 - Carbon Flash Metallic
6. Ray C - Arctic White
7. FLASHY500 - Laguna Blue Paint Code (for those interested): WA135X

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will there be instructions for alignment during install?
Definitely, but one of the nice things about these is we left a little room for personal flavor in the recipe, so you can run them closer together or further apart, if you want.

The easiest way to do it is with a dry run with the tape backing in place. Mark the locations with tape, top and bottom, then peel off your backing, align with your tape lines, and *BAM!* you're all set.

:)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Still a bit rich for my blood. I like the thought but I'd hate to lose one at $125 a piece, especially since they are just taped on. My luck, I'd accidentally kick it while walking by......... Or some kid would do it on purpose.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still a bit rich for my blood. I like the thought but I'd hate to lose one at $125 a piece, especially since they are just taped on. My luck, I'd accidentally kick it while walking by......... Or some kid would do it on purpose.
If someone can walk by and accidentally bump these and knock them off, they did a lot of damage to the paint and diffuser under it. The tape we use is no joke and is the same as what we use for our G3-ST Street side skirts. Once it's on, it's on, and if you properly prep the surface with the provided alcohol wipes, these won't come off unless you whip out a heat gun and some piano wire.

I'm not kidding.

As for the pricing, we realize we're not for everyone, since we manufacture in-house here in south Florida, paint our own work, and outsource nothing. We feel we're priced in-line with our quality (especially with this group buy discount) and ongoing commitment to bringing you guys only the best quality work.

Sure, we could sell them for 99 bucks, if you don't care how they look, what the finish is like, and if they actually fit or not.

These aren't easy pieces to make. They start out as EIGHT individual pieces we have to bond together, get the bodywork and joint lines to appear invisible, and then we have to clear coat, wetsand, and polish. For anything less than the Group Buy pricing, it simply doesn't make sense to offer these. (They'd cost more to manufacture than we'd be recouping at the time of sale.)

I also understand the closest thing to these is a simple pair that get slapped on and ring in at nearly $400 bucks.

:)

·
Registered
521 Posts
I installed these myself and they were easy as pie. I did the driver side first, since it has the tow hook port I needed to take into consideration. I just measured where I wanted them and pasted them on. Then I measured their exact installed location and mirrored that on the passenger side. These things don't move, budge, wiggle, or anything. This 3M extreme tape is no joke. I've driven with these across Florida, been rained on, and even went to an autox event. Don't know what else I can say, besides I love the look.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I really like the look. I wonder how the tape does in cold climates? My luck I would lose one and have to remove them all and listen to the wife about the $500 down the tubes. :(

·
Registered
521 Posts
It's the same, if not stronger than the tape on your emblems. How many of those have you lost?

The fins are very light too, so no stress on the tape due to weight.

·
Registered
521 Posts
And for the record, no, I'm not getting any kickbacks from G3. I like their products and they are working on a fender flare project for me. Having my car for 1 project in his shop turned into 4 projects lol this being one of them. So many mods for these cars, so little time

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm pretty interested, but would definitely need mine painted corvette racing yellow! Could you do that, and at what cost?

Reactions: G3Carbon

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think I've got pics of them from before installation. Let me check and see if I can get them uploaded

I don't think the cold weather will be an issue, so long as you make sure the diffuser itself is clean and dry.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just leaving the office, so I'm sorry it took me so long, but here you go. :)

Here they are while being painted.

And here they are wrapped up and waiting to get boxed up.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I'm pretty interested, but would definitely need mine painted corvette racing yellow! Could you do that, and at what cost?
If you can help me source the paint code for the color you're after, it'd only be an extra $60, which basically covers the cost of buying 8 ounces of paint.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Could be interested, in carbon flash they really look as an OEM design and it's what I like ;-)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Could be interested, in carbon flash they really look as an OEM design and it's what I like ;-)
Our core philosophy has always been to bring you guys easy to install pieces that look like they're tasteful factory options as opposed to some of the over the top stuff we see some of our competitors pushing.

We're old school, in that less is almost always more in the looks department.

They'd look absolutely slick in CFM. :)

1 - 20 of 156 Posts