Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I put this video out years ago but it still gets a lot of looks and questions because there are still those who are walking around, plugged into the paint matrix. I'm about to unplug you.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
If you have perfect paint, indeed you don't need was or sealant to add shine. But for most cars, which haven't been perfectly paint corrected (nice work, btw), a layer of a high quality was or sealant will definitely improve the shine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you use a correcting wax on paint that hasn't been corrected at all, you will definitely see some level of improvement. But that's kinda like putting lipstick on a pig. If you want to do it correctly, you will only use wax to protect that shine that you achieved from polishing. Wax is a protectant, not a shining agent as manufacturers have led the public to bank on.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
JunkMan, the way you could improve the video is to show the wax with before and after doing one side and leaving the other alone for comparison. Just a suggestion.

Thank you for your service Marine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JunkMan, the way you could improve the video is to show the wax with before and after doing one side and leaving the other alone for comparison. Just a suggestion.
One step ahead of you my friend. I did this video back in 2012, and made an offer to every detailer out there to debunk my claim. To this day, no takers. That's because people who know detailing, know the truth.

Thank you for your service Marine.
Thank you sir, it is much appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts