Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I don't know personally but the Corvette Black Book would provide you with historical information on the breakdown. --Bob

Reactions: Jims-c7 and Chip

·
18,669 Posts
Convertibles are, sorry to say, a dying breed, now just 1% of all cars purchased in America -- dropped from 2% just a decade ago.

Corvette convertibles are about 25% of total Corvettes sold. With delayed 2014 production, will be interested in seeing final production numbers for 2014 StingRays, coupes and convertibles...

·
Registered
533 Posts
I've owned 6 Corvette's and 4 have been Coupes and 2 Conv. I'm not going with a Conv. on the 2015 order mostly because of the Top. To me it looks just like the C5 & C6 top. No style and still cloth.
Why can't they have changed the shape or made a hard top out of a light weight Carbon Fiber.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I really do feel like the soft top convertible is a dying breed. I will take my targa top off if I want more wind but hands down I am a coupe guy.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I've owned 6 Corvette's and 4 have been Coupes and 2 Conv. I'm not going with a Conv. on the 2015 order mostly because of the Top. To me it looks just like the C5 & C6 top. No style and still cloth.
Why can't they have changed the shape or made a hard top out of a light weight Carbon Fiber.
I'm with you. I've owner 2 Vettes, both verts. I just didn't feel the C7 vert rose to the same level of styling achievement that they took the coupe to. (Please, no offense to those w different opinions).

Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
378 Posts
I think the only time the top will come off mine is when I install the roll cage.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have owned 3 corvettes and the first 2 were convertibles, 1965 & 1968. Both had both tops. I think the C-7 convertible is gorgeous! That having been said, I am still very pleased with my new Vette. When you remove the hard top, it's looks great. I wonder if the extra cost for the convertible has a negative effect on sales?

Cyber Grey, Born Oct. 29, 2LT, Nav, Auto, Z51 Spoiler. Used Xpel Bra.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I had very much wanted to order the vert. But the lines of the vert were so different than the coupe that I chose the latter. Just my opinion. The vert looks great with the top down. But with the top up - just not doing it for me.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Love the lines on my coupe and took the targa off today for a quick lunch break cruise. No reason for a vert IMO because the coupe gives you the best of both worlds!

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

Reactions: Dasyatis

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Love the lines on my coupe and took the targa off today for a quick lunch break cruise. No reason for a vert IMO because the coupe gives you the best of both worlds!
I agree completely, the coupe with the targa top is the best of both worlds. I love the look of the coupe, but can have the top off for the convertible feel when needed as well. I had my Spyder convertible a few years ago, and I ran top down a lot, but when it was really hot (90 - 105) the top was up and the AC was on. I know, I'm a wimp and obviously not a true convertible guy. :)

·
Registered
445 Posts
I prefer the coupe, too much added noise with the vert and loss of storage space.

Reactions: Jims-c7

·
Registered
75 Posts
one aspect of the corvette that helps separate it form the others it competes against , is the ability to carry your stuff with very little problem. I looked at the porsche cars over the years and found them to be without much useable cargo space. The corvette convertible limits that ability as well although not to the same degree and as such the coup has been my choice for this my third vette in 16 years.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I prefer the coupe, too much added noise with the vert and loss of storage space.
They say the vert is actually quieter because of the back being closed in. I believe it because my vert is not loud inside.

·
Registered
475 Posts
The vert's are fun to drive. I understand all the reasons you feel the hard tops are better. But there is nothing like driving a vert on a nice day/night with the top down. If you haven't done it you don't know what your missing. If I was buying a car for a daily driver it would not be vert. But as a occasional cruise car it's the best. Just saying

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like the lines of the c7 coupe better, but I love convertibles and could not resist getting another vert. Nothing quite compares to the open feeling of a vert. I am a dedicated top down driver in the heat or cold and it helps a little having heated and ventilated seats.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a C5 vert and a C7 vert. There is no comparison in the noise level between the C5 and C7. I don't even need to turn the radio up with the top down on my C7.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I've had convertibles continuously for the last 25 or years. That said, I like the look of the coupe more than the vert (my personal opinion of course). I've had the top off and the open feel is quite similar to my SSR so I now have the best of both worlds. I will miss having a true convertible but I'll get me topless fix with the targa top off if it ever stops freakin' raisin' and the temps figure out how to climb up above 50 deg.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
I never wanted a convertible for multiple reasons but the car I fell in love with only came that way! Let me tell you... Once you drive with that wide open feel you won't know how you did without. Well, my take anyway ;)

Guys make a point about the loss of space, I suppose that must be taken into consideration depending on your plans for your vette

·
Registered
307 Posts
The coupe looks much better. The convertible looks like a c6 a bit. I also think the convertible is for older clientele looking to take to the golf course. The coupe is younger and sleeker looking

1 - 20 of 35 Posts