Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
623 Posts
Well, I'm betting the Texas figure in that graphic is about to go red. :(

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hence, I'll not be buying a used car in the near future... but car sales guys should make out pretty well, like with cash for clunkers.

·
Administrator
15,319 Posts
Hence, I'll not be buying a used car in the near future... but car sales guys should make out pretty well, like with cash for clunkers.
Astoundingly, apparently even though a car can be declared totaled because of flood damage, and have the title so noted, that same car can be shipped to another state that has somewhat different guidelines, and be re-titled and sold without the new purchaser ever knowing that is what happened to the car! From what I have read, it is still possible to find out about the car and its damage, but it requires the purchaser to know to look beyond the 'latest' title, for example, CarFax will do the in depth research for free.:nightmare::worked_till_5am::uncomfortableness:

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Read estimate that 300-500 thousand cars could be damaged
Ouch - fortunately, my days of buying used cars are behind me.

Anyone who is buying used, however... buyer beware.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
I would also be careful if purchasing used parts for you C7 Masterpiece from various web sites, it may be from a flooded vehicle. "Buyer Beware and Cautious"

SF
Rick

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's already started… A dealer big in the used car/auction game in Houston I called, said he's already got calls from two wholesalers in Oklahoma, and they will take every car that they the dealer has available, and they will cut one cashier's check…...

·
Administrator
15,319 Posts
It's already started… A dealer big in the used car/auction game in Houston I called, said he's already got calls from two wholesalers in Oklahoma, and they will take every car that they the dealer has available, and they will cut one cashier's check…...
Unfortunate and insane IMO (obviously not for the dealer in Houston, but for future unsuspecting purchasers). See my post #4

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Wow!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts