Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the EFY body color vents never seem to be available, I wondered if anyone has had their exterior vents painted to match body color and if so, how much did it cost? If so, did you take it to a body shop or do it yourself? Any pictures? How difficult are the vents to remove? I have searched the forums and don't come up with much, unless I am not using the right search terms. Still planning ahead. Thanks--Bob

·
Registered
65 Posts
I thought about painting mine, but found them difficult to remove (at least the front fender vents were). So I went in a different direction and applied vinyl to the front fender vents in a contrasting color. The nice thing about vinyl is that you can remove it if you decide that you don't like it. BobsZ06b.jpg

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought about painting mine, but found them difficult to remove (at least the front fender vents were). So I went in a different direction and applied vinyl to the front fender vents in a contrasting color. The nice thing about vinyl is that you can remove it if you decide that you don't like it. View attachment 33206
That's interesting--hadn't thought of that. Wonder if it could be done on all vents. Seems like it would be a lot of detail work.--Bob

·
Administrator
15,326 Posts
Nicely done firemanc7! (though perhaps flames would have been more appropriate ;):rolleyes:)

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
fireman, small minor mod that looks good.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
257 Posts
Simply wonderful looking-great job. I have only pondered painting the hood vent to match body color, not a big deal with black on NRB but I think I may do it if the hood vent comes off easily.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought about painting mine, but found them difficult to remove (at least the front fender vents were). So I went in a different direction and applied vinyl to the front fender vents in a contrasting color. The nice thing about vinyl is that you can remove it if you decide that you don't like it. View attachment 33206
Nice! Looks close to caliper red. Can you provide the details on vinyl purchase and color name?

·
Administrator
15,326 Posts
Nice! Looks close to caliper red. Can you provide the details on vinyl purchase and color name?
Welcome to our forum. Unfortunately this is a very old thread and the member you are asking has not been around since 2016.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Since the EFY body color vents never seem to be available, I wondered if anyone has had their exterior vents painted to match body color and if so, how much did it cost? If so, did you take it to a body shop or do it yourself? Any pictures? How difficult are the vents to remove? I have searched the forums and don't come up with much, unless I am not using the right search terms. Still planning ahead. Thanks--Bob
I had my Z vents wrapped

1 - 11 of 11 Posts