Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried one brand that said it would work with my 2016 C7 but it would not connect. My carplay works fine when connected via usb cable. I thought not having to connect it would be nice. I am wondering if anyone has tried a brand that works. I am about to try CARPLAY2Air, they have promised it will work correctly. I am still a bit skeptical since I have returned one that was promised to work.
has anyone been successful going wireless Carplay?

·
Registered
434 Posts
I tried one brand that said it would work with my 2016 C7 but it would not connect. My carplay works fine when connected via usb cable. I thought not having to connect it would be nice. I am wondering if anyone has tried a brand that works. I am about to try CARPLAY2Air, they have promised it will work correctly. I am still a bit skeptical since I have returned one that was promised to work.
has anyone been successful going wireless Carplay?
I have a "carlinkit", and it works well, after figuring out a few specifics. You can't leave the carlinkit plugged in all the time, or it loses its connection. So, I only use it when I'm going to be in the car for longer trips, or more than just around town. I leave it unplugged most of the time. When I plug it in, my phone reconnects correctly and carplay works seemlessly throughout the trip. I know, plugging that in isn't much different than plugging the phone in instead. But, then I don't have to leave my phone in the center console, which can lead to me forgetting it there when I exit the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I installed a new HMI module in my 2014. Then I installed Car2Play wireless.
only works with iPhones,
Expensive

there are probably less expenive ways to achieve the same results,
However,
This works slick

everytime i turn on the Stingray,
it automagically connects to the mePhone and starts CarPlay

i don’t even have to touch anything

1 - 3 of 3 Posts