Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't open the hatch when it's wet because water and in this case soapy water runs down the hatch and into the car. I'm really pissed at this design flaw. So, in short water runs from hatch into the cargo area and underside of hatch onto panels.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Noticed some water running in as well. Have to be careful to blade it off before opening. And, like the C6's before, you have to be careful about drying-off water runs on the inside (top) of the rear hatch or you'll get water runs that "stain/streak" almost immediately. They are a pain to get off once they're there.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Don't open the hatch when it's wet because water and in this case soapy water runs down the hatch and into the car. I'm really pissed at this design flaw. So, in short water runs from hatch into the cargo area and underside of hatch onto panels.
That kind of sucks, bummer.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Sinner... remember the rainy day I picked up my C7 and the hatch was open so people could look inside? I still have one run on the interior of the hatch door I've been unable to remove. I thought it was just because it was open during the rainy day. Believe it or not, Pledge (a very light rub of it) made it come off :)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sinner... remember the rainy day I picked up my C7 and the hatch was open so people could look inside? I still have one run on the interior of the hatch door I've been unable to remove. I thought it was just because it was open during the rainy day. Believe it or not, Pledge (a very light rub of it) made it come off :)
This is my first Vette since '96 C4 so I didn't know this was an issue on C6 as well. This will be a daily for me and it will be using hatch in the rain I'm sure so this bums me out a bit.

Oh well.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Well Im glad I live in Phoenix :) but you're right this was a major design flaw

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks for posting the Pledge "trick." I noticed I have the same issue.
Mike

Reactions: YllwStgr
1 - 7 of 7 Posts