Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car was sitting outside in a parking lot and had dirt on the rear bumper and someone made a design with the fingers in it and basically scratched the paint with there design. I don't know why people would do that kind of stuff

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Sorry to hear this man, people should not even be touching your car. If it's not their property they need to keep their hands off. People just have no respect for others or others property. When I get my Corvette if I caught someone touching my car without my permission I'd probably kick the snot out of them. I've had one car keyed over the years, so I always expect the worst when I come out and see someone near my car. You can probably take some polishing compound and buff it out.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Wish it was that easy, it has a c quartz finest coating on it
see your detailer and ask...

but that begs the question...I thought this super expensive stuff was supposed to protect against this type of thing????

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Wish it was that easy, it has a c quartz finest coating on it
Its insane people have the nerve to touch another's vehicle... They are often just ignorant as to what they are doing unfortunately.

The good news is that instead of scratching the paint and now having to polish off some of your paint, the marring is in the coating.

It can be lightly polished with Reflect by your installer without cutting through the full thickness of CQ Finest.

I still recommend adding another layer of CQFinest on the local area after its polished. Who is your installer? Please call me at 386-259-0759 at your earliest convenience.

Best Regards,
Corey

1 - 8 of 8 Posts