Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Beautiful day here. Just got back from a break-in period drive. Now have 1,000 miles on my new C7!!

The paparazzi love this car. I must have had my picture taken a hundred times so far. Everybody it seems has a cell phone camera. Today some workers across the street were snapping away before I was even out of my driveway. Half the time when I look in the mirror at drivers behind me at a stop light they have there cell phone cameras up. On a 30 mph dual lane road with no traffic a guy asked me to change lanes (which I did) so he could get some shots of the other side of the car. How many times I've noticed a car riding next to me and sure enough its photo time. Came out of the grocery store and and there are three folks taking pictures of the car. This is crazy but a lot of fun!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Last week a suburban stopped next to me and the window started rolling down. I was a little freaked out. Then all of a sudden a young boy popped his head out and starting taking pictures. I was a little embarrassed but it was funny.

·
Administrator
16,306 Posts
Tons of times- it comes with ownership of such a spectacularly designed sports car! All is good unless of course it is a red light camera or speed camera :p

·
Registered
993 Posts
Yeah, pretty much happens non stop. Thumbs up, cameras anywhere I stop. Cell phone behind at stop lights. Beside me on the freeway. Kids with mouths hanging open. Even newer Camaro's with teenagers hangout the windows drooling and giving thumbs up.

Careful though as there is, as yet, no known cure.

Reactions: Boomer

·
Registered
52 Posts
As long as they don't run into me from behind while balancing the cellphone on their steering wheel, I'm ok with it. LOL

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yes! Several times....my favorite was the hot milf at the liquor store who asked me if I could take pic of her sitting in drivers seat with door open .... Well since her skirt was v very short, of course I said yes!!!!!!:
Great. Just one more way this car is going to get me in trouble. Thought all I had to worry about was speeding tickets and car crashes. That expands the concept of "safe driving".

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Yes! Several times....my favorite was the hot milf at the liquor store who asked me if I could take pic of her sitting in drivers seat with door open .... Well since her skirt was v very short, of course I said yes!!!!!!:
**sigh**

If I had a dollar for every time a woman asked to do that with one of my Vettes, I'd be planning out the purchase of a 2015 Z06...

using cash.

:cool:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yes indeed. Pictures, inquiries, request to go for a ride, you name it.
I'll bet 1 out of 3 times I stop somewhere someone comes up to talk to me about it. Even once I'm inside a store or restaurant people will walk up and ask if it's mine and strike up a convo.
In the first 20 minutes I owned it I had a 5 min convo w guy next to me in rush hour traffic that was as excited about it as I was.
And all the kids in the neighborhood want rides, lol.
It's a blast. Love it all.

MrG 69
Enjoying every mile in my CGM/Kalahari 7sp Z51 2LT Coupe w NPP, Nav, CF Mirrors/Spoiler and BC Roof
** Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum App **

Reactions: Boomer and Mobius

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
**sigh**

If I had a dollar for every time a woman asked to do that with one of my Vettes, I'd be planning out the purchase of a 2015 Z06...

using cash.

:cool:
Wouldn't trade my new C7 for a 2015 Z06 but possibly a 2016. Dealer has been notified. Going to use cash if I go for it. But with this new challenge from the XYLs (ham radio term) will there be any money left?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Yes, pictures, hoots, hollers, questions: "Is that the new one?", and plenty of thumbs ups and looks of approval. The people who seem to fight looking at it are the Shelby Mustangs, the RT Challengers/Chargers, Mercedes coupes, and Audis. The people who seem to want to race are the lifted 4X4s (especially diesels) and the 4 cylinder imports with giant wings on the back trunk.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Yes, pictures, hoots, hollers, questions: "Is that the new one?", and plenty of thumbs ups and looks of approval. The people who seem to fight looking at it are the Shelby Mustangs, the RT Challengers/Chargers, Mercedes coupes, and Audis. The people who seem to want to race are the lifted 4X4s (especially diesels) and the 4 cylinder imports with giant wings on the back trunk.
Yes. It seems the guys in the big Ford pickup trucks are the ones that like the C7 least. I "interacted" with a group of 4 cylinder turbo charged imports and I think they just want to race anything but they did love the C7. When one of them told me he would kill for this car I told them I had to go.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yeah! Red light challenges form pickup trucks and megaphone mufflered ricers! That's pretty f+++ing funny isn't it?
Just shifting through the gears like I am going to the grocery store in no particular hurry leaves them in the rear view mirror....;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts