Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellas, new to the site. Just purchased a 7spd AW non-z51 and had the stock 5 spoke powder coated black and added a blade spoiler. Havent seen this particular set of features yet anywhere on the forums. Also playing around with photoshop. Anyways, having a blast driving this thing. Let me know if you want to see non-shopped pics.

image1.jpg image2.jpg image3.jpg

·
Registered
579 Posts
Seen it before nice car enjoy

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wheels look great! Just went through this with my Z51 and since the wheels are painted aluminum I was advised by engineers not to powder coat them because once you go over 300 degrees it can effect the integrity of the wheel! Consequently I am having mine painted. I have CGM and am having the calipers painted blue. Should have the car back by Friday! ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1398216617.803004.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wheels look great! Just went through this with my Z51 and since the wheels are painted aluminum I was advised by engineers not to powder coat them because once you go over 300 degrees it can effect the integrity of the wheel! Consequently I am having mine painted. I have CGM and am having the calipers painted blue. Should have the car back by Friday! View attachment 6635

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app
Man, I never heard about heat issues with powder coat. Hope it doesn't get to 300 here in west Texas!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Nice looking car.
A few of them are set up that way. Looks good though. Bigger tires and wheels (Z51) in my opinion are the way to go. Did you order or buy it off a dealer? Non Z51 are a plenty on the big guys stock lists like Kerbecks. The rear look is really sick. I like it. Did you lower it? Your paint seems to have a glow to it.
Congrats:

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Looks great!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts