Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
The events of the last few weeks have finally pushed my wife and I over the edge and we have sold our home in California and will be moving to Idaho. Hoping to land in the Boise, Eagle, Star area in the So West part of the State by August.
Those owners or car folks in the Boise area that which to reach out to me i would appreciate it as I will be hoping to be active with other owners and car folks as i have a couple of old hot rods as well and I hope to be able to use, weather permitting.
Safe motoring to all...

Reactions: Vigilance247

·
Administrator
15,906 Posts
Best of success in finding what you are looking for.

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,225 Posts
Good move, I'm sure there are more reasons than discussed. Idaho, beautiful country, enjoy and stay safe.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
The Bay Area isn't what it was in 2002 when I moved there. I saw the writing on the wall and got out in 2016.

·
Registered
9,225 Posts
^^^
I remember you discussing your move east back then, Corvette community treating you good? :)

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
^^^
I remember you discussing your move east back then, Corvette community treating you good? :)
Yep, it's good. It's good to see you back here again, too.

Reactions: Norm

·
Registered
7 Posts
The events of the last few weeks have finally pushed my wife and I over the edge and we have sold our home in California and will be moving to Idaho. Hoping to land in the Boise, Eagle, Star area in the So West part of the State by August.
Those owners or car folks in the Boise area that which to reach out to me i would appreciate it as I will be hoping to be active with other owners and car folks as i have a couple of old hot rods as well and I hope to be able to use, weather permitting.
Safe motoring to all...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't rule out Southern Oregon. We have lived here for 10 years now, we are members of one of the two Corvette Clubs in the area. Wick

·
Registered
3 Posts
Exactly what my bro-in-law and sister just did. In fact if he had a Corvette I would say you were him. Went to Eagle, still own Ca home. I was born here, time to go as well. I often wonder what country I can move to as this is just getting ridiculous and it feels like it has a long way to go.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Safe motoring to all...
I live in Eagle Id and am a member of Valley Corvettes. Feel free to email me

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well been away for a few weeks dealing with the big move East to Idaho. Plycar picked up the cars and motorcycle in Los Angeles and delivered them all 4 days later to So West Idaho .Just outside Eagle Idaho. Great new community and as one might imagine didn't take long to realize the neighborhood is full of Corvettes. From the 66 Corvette next door to the 2019 GS Vert 3 doors away sitting next to the original owners 1966 SS 396 Chevelle. Getting acclimated to a new home and State is a bigger job than i Imagined at my age but so far pretty happy here. Although the bar was set pretty low coming from Calif.
For those looking for vehicle transportation I would recommend Plycar. Did a great job .Met all the time constraints. Beautiful enclosed rig loaded 3 of my cars and a touring motorcycle and dropped them off 4 days later in Idaho.
Going to be interesting getting used to putting the cars away for the winter as many of you do. Something I have never had to do living in LA. Been busy getting new plates etc in between unpacking boxes and trying to enjoy and set up my new 1800 sq ft garage. Was warned to get rid of the Ca plates asap as not a lot of love for the political prisoners from the West here in Idaho but honestly I would say over 90% of the people we have met are from California so it's been fine. We all appreciate the different life style we were not able to have in California any longer. And the few locals I have met have been very pleasant and nice .
Hope to meet up with any locals to enjoy car talk and driving in the future.

·
Registered
9,225 Posts
Good luck in your new journey in life, just moving is a huge endeavor for anyone.
You've got some wilderness out there and must have some great driving roads, you're in a better place, no doubt. (y)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts