Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just over 550 miles and the first time i heard the warble sound at around 50 mph in my new 2019 C7 A8. Only did it 3 or 4 times. I hope this don't mean days at a dealer with no parts. Otherwise the car has been running fine.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Have not heard it the last two days. Odd it just popped up one day so far. It was loud the first time i heard it and sounded like a slap slap slap sound. 3 other times on the same day it was no where near as loud.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems to be the gears in the rear end. I'm just gonna drive it and not worry about it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A8 auto with under 600 miles. Do a search for warble sound on C7 Vette and you can see the vids and hear the sound. I only heard it Sunday and not any this week.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Same thing today. Everytime i got to 1500-1600 rpms i would hear it when getting on the gas a little bit. Always at 1500-1600 rpm's

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will take it to the dealer when i feel like dealing with them. No mods for a while until this is worked out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Listening to some of the youtubes on this i swear its a noise from the exhaust...resonating at that just off idle gas pedal

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
15,684 Posts
Listening to some of the youtubes on this i swear its a noise from the exhaust...resonating at that just off idle gas pedal

At that point, the engine typically switches from V8 to V4.

·
Registered
9,041 Posts
I'm betting your AFM (Alternate Fuel Management) feature is kicking in like previously mentioned. When dropping back into the V4 mode, it sounds like a phart pipe to me. There is a way to disable or you can run in manual all the time.

·
Registered
9,041 Posts
Myself as well, been using one since my 2014, now the 2016. Very happy with it.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts

I think you're right. Mine had it at 1500 RPM's, and a Corvette tech told me it was harmonics originating from the exhaust. It disappeared when I swapped out the factory X pipe for a Borla X pipe, not to say this would work for others.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts