Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a couple of longer drives, I have a definite heat problem in the console area. When I tether my iPhone in the console, it is extremely hot when I take it out, as well my glasses I store in the cup holder. Is this normal in the C7?

·
Administrator
16,302 Posts
I have not found that with RedHot. When this happened did you have the heat on in the car by any chance?

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
This is definitely not normal. Tadge taked at length about the thermal insulating materials used in the drive shaft's trench to keep this from happening (it was some material developed for NASA). You should take your car to your dealer and have it fixed. Let everyone know how it goes. Best wishes!

·
18,670 Posts
Randy, that is not normal. Have three friends who own StingRays, live in Florida and have never experienced that. Perhaps, during the manufacturing process, they left out the aerogel insulation out of the area below your center console? Sorry, but would make an appointment with your dealer, for if you are having this problem at this time of year, what will it be like this summer?

·
Registered
59 Posts
ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1392606448.876745.jpg . New floor on right. Redesigned to avoid heat problems found on C6 models plus addition of space material.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
699 Posts
Good to hear that's not normal. My C6 would overheat anything I put in the console. It will be nice to actually be able to use the console.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will definitely take it in, I am worried about how it will be in summer time heat!!

Randy in Texas

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
After a couple of longer drives, I have a definite heat problem in the console area. When I tether my iPhone in the console, it is extremely hot when I take it out, as well my glasses I store in the cup holder. Is this normal in the C7?
Hi Randy,

This overheating console concern does seem strange. However, you are on the right track by making plans to have your dealer look at this. Please, keep us in the loop on what's going on with this. If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to write us. We are here to help!

Terrell
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My dealer said they would research for any service bulletins, any help you can provide to me or them would be appreciated. Not heard anything yet.

Randy in Texas

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As for the temperature, my phone sitting in the console gets extremely hot. If I had a cold drink in the cup holder, it would not be cold for very long. I even can feel a higher temperature on my waist and seat after driving for an extended time.

Randy in Texas

·
Administrator
16,302 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Randy; Make sure to let us know what they discover. Reducing heat transfer into the cockpit was something that GM said they had improved relative to the C6.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So far my dealer says no service bulletins. Have not taken in yet.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
37 Posts
After driving for 30 minutes to an hour, I can feel heat emanating from under the dash on driver's side with AC on auto. When directing the AC all toward the floor, I can feel cool air coming out. However, I can feel heat around my face. Dealer says to bring it in, but I am not going to let them drive it an hour to diagnose it. I am hoping it is a software fix from GM. I have about 1900 miles and it has only happened twice- a 70 mile trip and a 200 mile trip with my Porsche car club.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts