Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals,

I've made a few posts already but I figured I'd make a quick introduction to everyone.

My name is Jason and I'm currently in the Air Force. I'm currently stationed in New Jersey. I spent about 10 years overseas and I'm back in my homestate. It was great to travel, but I'm glad to be back home!

So on to cars.. I haven't owned an American car in...well, a very long time! I currently drive a 2013 BMW 335i xDrive. I love it. Black with tan interior, 6 speed, fully loaded, etc. It's a great car!

I haven't liked Corvettes since the early Stingray days. They started looking pretty much the same to me after the 80s with maybe some subtle exterior differences. The interior was always drab and I never gave them a second look.

Several months ago I saw one the 2014 Stingray on the road. It was love at first sight! So, long story short, and after reading 872 articles/reviews/etc. I decided to take the plunge!

I'm currently at Event Status Code 3100 and have a TPW of 21 July (fingers crossed for a potentially earlier TPW!). My build is as follows: 1LT Coupe with the Z51 performance package, Laguna Blue, 7 speed, Nav, Magnetic Ride Selective Ride Control, Black Wheels, Carbon Flash Stinger Stripe, and Carbon Flash mirrors and rear spoiler. I'll put up pictures once it arrives, of course.

I had one heck of an story to share about purchasing this vehicle and I'll share that story once it gets here (Stayed at 1100 for 3 weeks!). Went from being told, "you're getting the car!" to "sorry, it's not going to happen." back to "It's going to happen!"

I came across this forum after I purchased the vehicle. I learned a lot here and the buying process, allocations, constraints, etc. Kudos to an excellent forum!

I think I've blabbed enough for now. Look forward to sharing photos of my ride once she arrives! Thanks for having me in your community!

Jason

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome! I owned a 2008 335i and loved it! The new C7 however will absolutely blow you away! Congrats!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome...as already stated, the C7 is an awesome ride!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Congrats on your new car order!

·
Administrator
16,285 Posts
Thanks for the 'backstory' Jason! Looking forward to pictures once you get your LB Stingray :cool:

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Jason, congrats on your new masterpiece, and you will have a blast owning and driving this wonderful machine. Sometimes you have to take the plunge and aim high!!

SF
Rick

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,551 Posts
Welcome home and enjoy that ride, as I do mine every day. Thank you for your service.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts