Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello and post a little background info about myself. I'm very new to forums in general so please excuse my ignorance if I lack the proper etiquette. My name is Steven and I have a love of all things fast. I currently own a 2012 Mustang GT, but I'm dying to get my hands on a stingray, or better yet a c7 z06. I am a big fan of aftermarket parts, spent several thousand in bolt on parts alone on my coyote. I was honestly raised in a Ford family but all out performance and bang for buck speaks more to me. I've been heavily into the car/street racing scene for around five years now. I definitely look forward to learning some tips and tricks to put to use on my own corvette one day. It is nice meeting everyone!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Welcome aboard H13rarchy! You'll find this a friendly forum that appreciates the C7 Stingray, but we won't judge you on your Ford background either. The Coyote engine is an awesome beast, albeit a huge package in size dimensions. Weight comes in nicely though and it makes a nice bolt in platform for some old Ford restorations.
Prior to buying my corvette I was planning on building a 63.5 Galaxie 500 XL with an updated Coyote for reliability. Then I saw the C7 and fell head over heels in love with it and the Galaxie project went bye bye.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you greggshere! The coyote engine is what sold me the mustang. Honestly I wasn't even considering a stingray at the time due to the price and my age. I was considering getting a c6 z06 now that prices have come down some but then saw my first c7 in person and was hooked. I'm actually good friends with Ms. Ungrateful, the woman whose boyfriend bought her a blacked out z51 as a gift and she didn't seem very enthusiastic. Her car is a monster now though. I'm hoping to purchase a c7 z06 in the future just so I can keep up with her when we go to Mexico for some fun.

·
Administrator
16,595 Posts
Welcome to our forum Steven aka H13rarchy! Glad to have you here. :cool:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I'm actually good friends with Ms. Ungrateful, the woman whose boyfriend bought her a blacked out z51 as a gift and she didn't seem very enthusiastic.
I saw that on YouTube, he should have kept the Vette for himself and got her a Honda Civic.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Steven, welcome aboard, don't worry about asking questions or forum ignorance. There is no such animal as a forum pro, only in their own mind! If I can't find the answer I'm seeking in the Search Thread, I'll ask any member.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
162 Posts
Welcome! Go for the 2014 Stingray!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I saw that on YouTube, he should have kept the Vette for himself and got her a Honda Civic.
Lol She has actually a pretty awesome person. And her bf didn't fully explain the situation. She actually placed the order herself and had been tracking it daily so she knew it was going to arrive any day. He made it seem like she had knowledge of the car even being ordered so it's a little misleading. Plus he has a crazy fast Trans Am project he's working on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts