Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone! My name is John and I just joined the forum this morning. I have loved Corvettes since I was in Jr. High School and got my first one, my 76, in February 1997, 2 months before I turned 50. I now have 3 C3s - a 69 Riverside Gold 350/350 4 speed, a 76 Guards Red 350 4 speed and a 78 350 that originally was an automatic but is now a 4 speed.

This past Saturday morning I got an email from a very good friend who announced he was going to buy a Lime Rock Green C7 along with the Museum Delivery option. David wanted me to go with him on his journey to Bowling Green and ride back to PA together. COOL!!! When I finished reading David's email to my wife, the wonderful lady in my life said, "Why not get two?"". I didn't see that coming!!!!

So, David and I are planning our trip to Bowling Green next spring and picking up our almost twin Lime Rock Green C7's.

Looking forward to hearing others journey into the land of C7 and information that goes with it.

John

Reactions: WERA689

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Spent the last 15 years in "C3 Forums". Does this mean i have turned to the dark side?:cool:

·
Registered
160 Posts
John, that will be a fantastic trip. Please post pictures.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
John, that will be a fantastic trip. Please post pictures.
Yes - it will be a trip to remember for sure. It is going to be pretty neat seeing 2 Lime Rock Green C7's hauling up the road to Pennsylvania. I will have my digital camera and several memory cards!!! Doing this with a very good friend - priceless!!!

Attachments

Reactions: smalltowngirl13

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No the "right" side. :D

In PA so you must know Tom Henry Chevy?
Just did a search - Tom Henry Chevy is in Pittsburg, I am about an hour north of Philly.

Depending on you perspective the Right side could be the Dark side!!! :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Welcome aboard, John. And does your wife have a sister? She's a keeper for sure!
You got that right! She is a keeper. Neat thing - last night she brought home color printouts of the Lime Rock Green C7 with the black wheels. She said "We have to drive this and not a mile to a restaurant." I have 3 C3s and she has no interest in getting behind the wheel of any of them. She wants to drive this - WOOHOO!!!!

Yes - she has 2 sisters - both "Married with Children"!!! LOL

Reactions: WERA689

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey John, I just read this thread and my first thought was "Holy S&#t, are you kidding me?"

WOW WOW WOW.....

One thing, I would bet you anything that you change your mind on the color, UNLESS of course your wife is set on Lime Rock Green.

I just can't see you buying a Green Corvette...

You will LOVE this car.

Yvonne and I are going to the NY Auto Show, March 30. The C7's will be there. If you wanna go, let me know.

We saw them in Detroit and all I can say is it is incredible...... Yvonne and I both loved everyting about it.....

I have lots of pics from Detroit that I'll show you next time I see you...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey John, I just read this thread and my first thought was "Holy S&#t, are you kidding me?"

WOW WOW WOW.....

One thing, I would bet you anything that you change your mind on the color, UNLESS of course your wife is set on Lime Rock Green.

I just can't see you buying a Green Corvette...

You will LOVE this car.

Yvonne and I are going to the NY Auto Show, March 30. The C7's will be there. If you wanna go, let me know.

We saw them in Detroit and all I can say is it is incredible...... Yvonne and I both loved everyting about it.....

I have lots of pics from Detroit that I'll show you next time I see you...
Yes Glenn - it is for real!! Connie has lobbied for the Torch Red for a week and Torch Red it will be! She is genuinely excited as I am about getting this car! I am still in shock!! That she wants to drive it too shocks me even more!!! WOOHOO!

I will have to let you know about March 30th. Are you driving up or going by train? We can talk next Thursday.

John

1 - 15 of 15 Posts