Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Janet and I live in So Cal. Corvettes have been my passion for many years.

For several years I helped Rupert Bragg-Smith organize Corvette Track Days at his track in Pahrump NV. I also helped Chevrolet organize Corvette Corrals for the first ALMS races in Las Vegas, Sears Pt and Laguna Seca among others. When Spring Mtn was sold the new owners asked me to work for them. I've done some "fun" racing, but nothing formal, at Spring Mtn, Willow Springs, Fire Bird and a couple of other tracks. Some of you may have seen articles that I have written.

I am now retired, no longer race or work for a living, but I am still heavily into Corvettes and Camaros. In 2007 Chevrolet selected me to become a member of the Chevrolet Camaro Customer Advisory Board and that has been very exciting. The team of 15 "Camaro Disciples" as we are called, has worked very hard to represent the Camaro enthusiasts to the Camaro Engineers. I was selected as a voice of Corvette, so was unsure how to fit in, but I gave them my 2¢. I became very excited about the Camaro and when they came out with the 580 horsepower ZL1 I believed that it would be a good companion to my C6 Z06 and purchased one.

That is a little bit about me and I am pleased to join this very informative and friendly forum.

Janet

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
My name is Janet and I live in So Cal. Corvettes have been my passion for many years.

For several years I helped Rupert Bragg-Smith organize Corvette Track Days at his track in Pahrump NV. I also helped Chevrolet organize Corvette Corrals for the first ALMS races in Las Vegas, Sears Pt and Laguna Seca among others. When Spring Mtn was sold the new owners asked me to work for them. I've done some "fun" racing, but nothing formal, at Spring Mtn, Willow Springs, Fire Bird and a couple of other tracks. Some of you may have seen articles that I have written.

I am now retired, no longer race or work for a living, but I am still heavily into Corvettes and Camaros. In 2007 Chevrolet selected me to become a member of the Chevrolet Camaro Customer Advisory Board and that has been very exciting. The team of 15 "Camaro Disciples" as we are called, has worked very hard to represent the Camaro enthusiasts to the Camaro Engineers. I was selected as a voice of Corvette, so was unsure how to fit in, but I gave them my 2¢. I became very excited about the Camaro and when they came out with the 580 horsepower ZL1 I believed that it would be a good companion to my C6 Z06 and purchased one.

That is a little bit about me and I am pleased to join this very informative and friendly forum.

Janet
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your input.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
18,670 Posts
Janet, we are glad to have you on StingRay Forums! Camaros' sure have been increasingly amazing the last few years. Thanks for your Corvette input in the Camaro's development.

Looking forward to your helping us learn more!

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Janet C, welcome aboard and we welcome the knowledge. Post some pictures of your rides.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome to our group Janet! Thanks for the wonderful introduction and for giving Chevy your input.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Wow, Janet. What an incredible life experience you've had. Being a "newbie" here and even waiting for my future Corvette, I too feel compelled to welcome you. I guess you know you may be "pestered" for some of your vast knowledge.:cool:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Janet!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome Janet. You wouldn't be in OC Vettes would you?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Racerbob, I am a member of Corvettes West. I have been known to attend many different clubs events. Friends will phone or email & let me know something fun is happening so I just tag along. Thanks for asking.
Janet

1 - 12 of 12 Posts