Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself.
I have owned several Corvettes and won the Corvette Lottery the other day at a local Chevy Dealer.

So on Monday, 11 Nov I was out and about and decided to stop in at a local Chevy Dealer and see when or if they would be receiving any of the new Corvette Stingrays. Of course they didn't have any, but as always I was met by an eager salesman that told me they had a pre-order/pre-sold one being delivered the next day if I wanted to see one in person before the owner came to take delivery. Hell yes I wanted to see one for real. So on Tuesday the salesman called me at about noon and told me that is was there. I told Lori (my better half and financial advisor) to accompany me in hopes of persuading her to let me order one (WooHoo six month wait), and we were out the door. When we arrived and saw it, we both were speechless. An absolutely beautiful Black on Black, 460hp, 1.03G pulling, 0-60 in 3.8 sec., 3LT Optioned out Monster. Needless to say I was drooling all over it, which probably would not make the new owner happy. About 10 minutes into my constant salivation, the Sales Manager walks up behind me and starts some idol chatter about the car but then pops in with "How do you like this one?". I asked why and he told me that the customer was not going to take delivery. SO I DID!!!!!!!! Come on Sunshine!!! I may not wait for the sunshine!!! How about just Go away rain!!!

I was not about to let it go.

Anyways, look forward to chatting and always looking for information and good conversations.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,565 Posts
Wow on so many levels...

·
Registered
993 Posts
Very nice! My Laguna blue should be coming soon north of you in Mukilteo. Maybe we should meet at Caffeine and Gasoline at Griot's garage once I get mine.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome and what a great story. I pick my NRB Vert from the museum next week. This waiting is for the birds. So jealous. Enjoy your beautiful new car.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
18,670 Posts
Congratulations VettePilot! A great sorry, and now that gorgeous StingRay is yours!

Thanks for the beautiful, beautiful picture too. You have won the lottery!

·
Administrator
16,510 Posts
Welcome to our forum VettePilot and congratulations on your stunning purchase! How fortuitous (or maybe more by clever design!) you brought your betterhalf/financial adviser with you :cool:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I brought her in hopes of just ordering one. Got the OK for that and then when the guy didn't take delivery she would not let us leave without it. I am a really lucky guy to have a wife like that. And she has put up with me for almost 29 years too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Administrator
16,510 Posts
I brought her in hopes of just ordering one. Got the OK for that and then when the guy didn't take delivery she would not let us leave without it. I am a really lucky guy to have a wife like that. And she has put up with me for almost 29 years too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app
Kudos to both of you! :cool:

·
Administrator
16,510 Posts
Sweet armyspike1964! Welcome to our forum :cool:

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
VettePilot, congrats and that my friend is one fine looking work of art!

SF
Rick

·
Registered
7,930 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congrats on a great story. Karma for sure. You are close to my favorite new track in shelton, the Ridge motorsports park 12 miles north of Olympia off 101.
I will be tracking my C7 may 29 with the Porsche club. Come on out and visit if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

Reactions: elegant
1 - 20 of 24 Posts