Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've narrowed my search to 2 vehicles; and really like the 2016 Z06 3LT with 1,700 miles but it went out of warranty in march and it's 1/2 way across the country so I can't test drive or "look" at it.

What should I ask about, or if I have a shop go over it, anything special that should be checked on a 3 year old with so few miles?

It's from a dealer, but not a Chevy dealer.

The Plan B has 8,000 miles, also a 2016, also needs to be shipped to me, but has a few months warranty left so at least if I get it and there's something wrong I can bring it to a local dealer.

THANKS from this newbie!!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Pretty sure either car will be able to be GM certified for an extended warranty. I assume option B is also a Z06 ? Personally for me I never saw the need for the extra power of the Z06 and i will never track the car . But you might want it . Also a huge fan of these low mileage cars. And at 1700 miles that certainly qualifies. While 8000 is low miles certainly it is more in line with what a lot of owners are putting on their cars as many of us do not use these cars as daily drivers. If it were I , I would want someone I trust and knowledgeable to actually look and touch the car, but that is me. I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist and not very trusting of what salesman tell me.
Think you will be happy either way so find the color and options you love and go for it. But do invest in the extended warranty from GM. Cheap insurance overall.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty sure either car will be able to be GM certified for an extended warranty. I assume option B is also a Z06 ? Personally for me I never saw the need for the extra power of the Z06 and i will never track the car . But you might want it . Also a huge fan of these low mileage cars. And at 1700 miles that certainly qualifies. While 8000 is low miles certainly it is more in line with what a lot of owners are putting on their cars as many of us do not use these cars as daily drivers. If it were I , I would want someone I trust and knowledgeable to actually look and touch the car, but that is me. I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist and not very trusting of what salesman tell me.
Think you will be happy either way so find the color and options you love and go for it. But do invest in the extended warranty from GM. Cheap insurance overall.
Super appreciate the feedback. I asked of they could CPO it but only Chevy dealer can. Thinking I'd get raped taking it to a Chevy dealer not involved in the sale, I can prolly get a 3rd party extended warranty. Yes, Plan B is a Z06. I should probably drive a regular one. My fear is that after 1 year I'll want the Z06. WAY different beast but I traded in my XR for an XFR that has 505 HP after 1 year. I live in New England and would never drive any vette in the Winter. I will take it off insurance for several moths and keep it garaged with my XFR.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Super appreciate the feedback. I asked of they could CPO it but only Chevy dealer can. Thinking I'd get raped taking it to a Chevy dealer not involved in the sale, I can prolly get a 3rd party extended warranty. Yes, Plan B is a Z06. I should probably drive a regular one. My fear is that after 1 year I'll want the Z06. WAY different beast but I traded in my XR for an XFR that has 505 HP after 1 year. I live in New England and would never drive any vette in the Winter. I will take it off insurance for several moths and keep it garaged with my XFR.
I purchased my 2015 from a Porsche dealer when it was 18 months old with 2100 miles. Originally I thought as you do and they sold me a third party warranty for around $3,000. Two days later while visiting a local Chevrolet dealer and showing off my new acquisition the Finance manager looked at my deal and told me she could save me money and get me a better GM bumper to bumper warranty. She also informed me that if it is cancelled within 30 days in California you can get your $$refunded. I called the Porsche dealer and cancelled my extended warranty, received the refund and purchased a better warranty from her for about $2000.00. And I might add the Chevrolet dealer was able to look up my vin# and tell me my C7 was a GM Exec car owned by GM for the first year and as such not registered so I actually got an extra year of factory warranty as your warranty period does not start until it leaves GM ownership.
And if you check the blogs on this subject there are many examples of folks get even better deals from sponsor dealers on this forum.
Good luck in the pursuit of your C7.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Get the Z06 and don’t look back. It hits the sweet spot on power and you’ll be grinning from ear to ear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Get the Z06 and don’t look back. It hits the sweet spot on power and you’ll be grinning from ear to ear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
AMEN! Precisely what I was thinking :)

Have been scouring every single used car site I think I know most Z06's F/S nationwide and certainly EVERY blue one; both Admiral and Elkhart Lake!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There's a gorgeous C7.R on eBay for $75,000. Yellow with less than 800 miles. Seems a great deal with so few miles. Not my thing though really.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Welcome to the forum mneadle. Let us know which one you settle on. I looked at both and decided that the Z51 was the right one for me. It hauls even without the supercharger. If I was going to track it, the Z06 would have found it's way into my garage so that I could really use that extra power. The good thing is that you have choices. Enjoy your new ride once you decide.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I am definitely NOT going to track it but was allured by all the HP. I know it's different beast but my Jaguar has 510 HP and I didn't want to go backwards.

Yesterday I put the deposit down and because I'm a "remote" buyer they'll send me all the paperwork in the next couple days and I'll sign and return with a fat bank check.

I got a 2015 CPO Z06 3LZ w/ Z07 package. Yellow automatic. Pretty psyched!! My Avatar is the actual car.

·
Administrator
15,113 Posts
I am definitely NOT going to track it but was allured by all the HP. I know it's different beast but my Jaguar has 510 HP and I didn't want to go backwards.

Yesterday I put the deposit down and because I'm a "remote" buyer they'll send me all the paperwork in the next couple days and I'll sign and return with a fat bank check.

I got a 2015 CPO Z06 3LZ w/ Z07 package. Yellow automatic. Pretty psyched!! My Avatar is the actual car.
Congratulations! Looks great, enjoy :eek:nthego:

·
Registered
880 Posts
Congratulations and enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
You made the right call and you will not regret it! OK will admit something I should not but because you are new to the car I will at the risk of some snickering at me.

Yesterday had to go and get an inspection. My engine has been extensively modified and the tuning fixes the software problem of not being compliant when the computer is hooked up to make sure my car is "in compliance". Was very dusty so washed it and drove it around for 30 minutes to dry and warm up all the fluids on some 4 lane highway and let it run a couple of times when there was no traffic :). FORGOT to turn the electronic nannies back on had them all off on race setting. Did a turn around on the road 3 lanes where I get inspections and oil changes done and hit the gas a little too hard! LOL went almost sideways and felt like a teenager being stupid again!

Take away from this. The stock ZO6 is a BEAST in stock form. Do not turn off the nannies until you are comfortable with the power and if you do DO Not Forget to turn them back on! Good thing is they reset back to on when your turn off the engine and restart! You are going to love your new BEAST!!!!

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Dave, Love to have seen your face lol.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Just a suggestion; after you take delivery you might want to check if the Magnetic Ride Suspension Control has been updated. This software upgrade is for '15 and '16 Z06's (also Stingrays with MRSC) and is available at any Chevy dealer for $350. Most everyone who opted for it are very pleased as it substantially improves ride quality. (Do a thread search for MRSC upgrade).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts