Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is really silly, BUT I've read the manual and have tried to follow the instructions on the keyless lock, but I don't think my car is actually locking.

My question: How do you lock the car without having to do so from the key fab?

Silly, right? Nothing is working for me...

·
Registered
214 Posts
what you need is a chauffeur who knows all the function of the car. I'm a busy guy but dammit, I volunteer!

Reactions: 63 Stingray

·
Registered
89 Posts
You can lock the car by pressing the lock button on the door as you exit or by pressing the lock button on the fob. Additionally, you can set the car to auto lock in the vehicle personalization settings.

To determine if the car is locked, lock the doors and then take all your fobs and place the in the house at the furthest point away from the vehicle. Go back to the car and try the door. If you approach a locked car with one of the fobs, the door will see the fob and unlock as soon as you grab the door handle.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Go to your "settings" menu on the Infotainment screen and under "vehicle" go to "passive door lock" press it until a checkmark is posted on the "ON" setting and now you are set to walk away and the car locks by itself.

However, it it does not work, then go back to the same "vehicle" settings and check to see if "Anti-lock out" is set to "ON". If so, you must set it to "OFF" so it will allow the doors to lock automatically once the door is closed and the fob is not detected.

This should work. I too was confused and after a few tries I figured it out. Let me know how it goes...

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you ALL very much! C7 Crazy, this is fantastic info as the Manual isn't clear at all. Talon90, I did try that and found that it wasn't locking, so that was why I posed the question. I appreciate it and will try it now :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
YllwStgr is too busy out stomping on male ego's (and their BMW's) to read the manual! She obviously knows what the skinny pedal on the right does though.:)

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
YllwStgr is too busy out stomping on male ego's (and their BMW's) to read the manual! She obviously knows what the skinny pedal on the right does though.:)
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!! I love it!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Go to your "settings" menu on the Infotainment screen and under "vehicle" go to "passive door lock" press it until a checkmark is posted on the "ON" setting and now you are set to walk away and the car locks by itself.

However, it it does not work, then go back to the same "vehicle" settings and check to see if "Anti-lock out" is set to "ON". If so, you must set it to "OFF" so it will allow the doors to lock automatically once the door is closed and the fob is not detected.

This should work. I too was confused and after a few tries I figured it out. Let me know how it goes...
Same problem here -- I'll check out your suggestion. I have to say the OM for the C7 leaves a LOT to be desired. I would have thought Chevy would have done a DVD with instructions on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts