Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

As we reported earlier, the tuners are primed to pump some serious power into the new C7 Corvette! How much you ask? Hennessey Performance has kits that will get to whatever HP goal you have, and put a dent in your money pile. They have 4 options that will take your stock car from it's already impressive 460 hp, to a 600 hp supercharged machine; 700 hp supercharged animal; a 800 hp twin turbo charged beast; and finally stop at their crown jewel, a 1000 hp twin turbo charged, fire breathing, viper pounding, mythical tire shredding car.

The HPE600 kit will be what many are thinking to be the aftermarket's attempt at the next generation ZR-1. This kit will include all the parts necessary to reach 600 bhp at 6,300 revolutions. It does this with the addition of a TVS2300 Supercharger, an HPE Air Induction System, the install including fluids, gaskets, etc, Engine Management, and Dyno Tune & Road Tests. Along with all this, you will get the appropriate exterior badging to let passers by know that you have a Hennessey Equipped C7 Corvette. AAAANNNNDDD, a 3 year / 36,000 Mile Limited Warranty. Not too shabby.

The HPE700 kit will bump you up to the obvious 700 bhp at 6,300 revolutions. This kit manages this with the same super charger, but with the addition of a Cam, and Ported Heads. This kit also carries the 3 year / 36 warranty.

If you still need more go under your right foot, they have the HPE800 which will pump out 800 bhp at that magic 6,300 revolutions in a minute. This is a bit more than just your average bolt on kit. This requires the use of the HPE Custom Balanced & Forged Engine, Forged Aluminum Pistons, Forged Steel Rods, and Crankshaft, a Custom Cam, High Flow Heads, Update for the Fueling, New Inlet Piping, Dual waste gates, An Intercooler, New Induction, Turbo Piping In & Out, and of course, the Twin Ball Bearing Turbos. This kit carries a little more reserved warranty at 1 year / 12,000 miles.

And now for the big daddy… The HPE1000. On paper, it looks almost identical to the HPE800 kit, but it is not. This kit includes Two Ball Bearing Turbos that are capable of bending both time and space to compress air and then feed it into the cylinders of the Forged Engine and then push one thousand horse powers out the business end. That is how Hennessey Performance does it. I cannot wait for Hennessey to get their hands on these cars and really start waking the now power plant up! Exciting times these be!

Details on the HPE1000 Kit From Hennessey Performance:

Power:

• 1000 bhp @ 6,300 rpm

HPE1000 Supercharged Upgrade Includes:
• HPE Custom Balanced & Forged Engine
• Twin Ball Bearing Turbochargers
• Forged Aluminum Pistons
• Forged Steel Rods & Crankshaft
• Custom HPE Camshaft
• High Flow Cylinder Heads
• Fuel System Upgrade
• Stainless Steel Inlet Piping
• Dual Wastegates
• Electronic Boost Controller
• Air-to-Air Intercooler
• Dual Air Induction Filters
• Stainless Steel Turbo Downpipes
• Stainless Steel Exhaust System
• Professional Installation
• HPE Engine Management Calibration
• Dyno Tuning & Road Testing
• Serial-Numbered Dash & Engine Plaques
• Hennessey Exterior Badging
• Hennessey Premium Floormats
• Hennessey Carbon Fiber Door Sills
• 1 Year / 12,000 Mile Limited Warranty

Optional Upgrades
• CarbonAero® Body Upgrades
• Hennessey Monoblock Wheel Upgrade
• Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires
• Brembo Carbon Ceramic Brake Upgrade
• Penske Adjustable Suspension Upgrade
• Custom Interior Leather Upgrades
• Carbon Fiber Interior Upgrades

Other Bolt-on Mailorder Parts Upgrades:
• HPE Cold Air Induction Upgrade
• Stainless Steel Catback Exhaust System
• Long-tube Stainless Steel Headers
• TVS2300 Supercharger System
• 5-point Racing Harnesses
• CarbonAero® Front Spoiler
• CarbonAero® Rear Lip Spoiler
• CarbonAero® Side Sills

·
Registered
186 Posts
Any idea how much the 600 HP kit will cost.. installed?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey bud!

This being a new vehicle, somewhat pricey, offering warranty and the amount of power you would get, I would say at least $10,000 (installed). Some of these kits take more than 8 hours to install.

I think I am gonna hold to that thought for at least 2 years and then see if I still want it. I already got MSRP-raped buying the car. I dont want it to become a normal thing. I also think that I adding the kit at early stages of both the car and supercharger may be too much making it highly unreliable :(

460 hp will do for now. That's 300 hp more than the Rav4 I am driving while I wait on the C7 :eek:

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
think you'll sell any of these, for us poseurs?

CarbonAero® Body Upgrades
• Hennessey Monoblock Wheel Upgrade
• Custom Interior Leather Upgrades
• Carbon Fiber Interior Upgrades

1 - 5 of 5 Posts