Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Vdub_Guy_Who_Likes_Vettes here. Just signed up. HUGE vette fanboy and hopefully SOONER then later, owner. I share my love of vettes with my father whom has owned a few gorgeous C6's. I know it's a Stingray forum, but speaking for both of us, we are huge fans and my father will be getting a 1 or 2LT in white as soon as the price drops. I have one friend with a gorgeous White 2LT Stingray that I would like to share my photos of. I am a car enthus and car photographer. So on that note, if anyone , I mean anyone at all in the PB County to Treasure Coast area and that would like magazine style shots of there baby, contact me asap. Just for fun. No charge. Just car guys getting some photos of there baby!

Hope to get to know a few of you local guys and thanks for opportunity to sign up! :cool:

·
Registered
993 Posts
Nice offer. Too bad I'm no longer living on Merritt Island else it would be a cool drive down A1A.

Reactions: Soho

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Welcome to the Stingray forum V-Dub! My plan is to get a Blade Silver 2015 late in 2014. Anyway at the risk of digressing and to help make you feel at home, below is a couple of shots of a 66 I built in 2010- 2012. No bolt left untouched. You can see the entire build thread here if you are interested: The 1966 VW Beetle Forum :: View topic - My 2010 technology 66 Bug

·
Registered
582 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice offer. Too bad I'm no longer living on Merritt Island else it would be a cool drive down A1A.
That is to bad. Let me know when your in town in a PM, and we can make it happen, Happy New Year!

Welcome to the Stingray forum V-Dub! My plan is to get a Blade Silver 2015 late in 2014. Anyway at the risk of digressing and to help make you feel at home, below is a couple of shots of a 66 I built in 2010- 2012. No bolt left untouched. You can see the entire build thread here if you are interested: The 1966 VW Beetle Forum :: View topic - My 2010 technology 66 Bug

Thanks Greg! I am in love with your Beetle. Are yo u a Vdub guy in general or just something with the classic Beetles? I wish my CC sat that slow haha. I just threw on a Eibach Pro kit. Nice and clean but not low enough for me. Traded my Mk5 R32 in for a beautiful black CC, lowered it, put on some 19in OEM Audi Peeler wheels and had it flashed a few weeks ago. Love it. Would love to pay it off and be able to keep it when I purchase my dream vette. Blade Silver is sexy! For me, it was always the white with z51 black wheels and red interior. Then i fell in love with the torch red with red leather and black z51 wheels. Now the Laguna Blue with red seating and black z51 wheels are growing on me....and lastly haha, the most recent eye candy that turned me on was the cyber gray with the kalahari leather and chrome z51 wheels!

Gonna go check out your build now, thanks for the warm welcoming and it's nice theres a VW/Vette guy on here too! =)

Welcome to the forum!
Thanks Texas!

Welcome!!
Thank you, thank you!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Your pictures are giving me flashbacks…
Had a '59 Wolfsburg edition - lowered California bumpers, Porsche yellow, one piece windows.. Man that this was slow with the original 20 hp(?) engine. Needed a downhill run with a tailwind to got on the freeway - lol.

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Welcome Vdub!

It is nice to have you and your enthusiasm on the forum.

When you decide to get your C7, let me know if you have any questions.

Enjoy all the amazing knowledge here,

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Thanks Greg! I am in love with your Beetle. Are yo u a Vdub guy in general or just something with the classic Beetles?
No I just like the fifties and sixties bugs and buses. The guy I bought this one from had kept it pretty much all original, but it really was a piece of crap. I spent a little over two years resto-modding it, and when I was done the only thing left original was the main shell, seat frames, and the rear deck lid.She was bagged, narrowed, stroked, wired and Fast! I busted my butt doing it and in record time working on it nights and weekends. My wife said she felt like a widow. Anyway, when I told her I wanted a new C7 she jumped all over it and is fully on board. She said as long as it means she has me, I have a cool and dependable ride, and I let her drive it occasionally, she's all about it. She's just thrilled I didn't want to do another "Project" car.
She made me swear off that I won't modify it, and that is fine, it is perfection as it comes new in my opinion. Of course I want some under hood custom touches to make it uniquely mine, and some black chrome wheels but that will do it.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Your pictures are giving me flashbacks…
Had a '59 Wolfsburg edition - lowered California bumpers, Porsche yellow, one piece windows.. Man that this was slow with the original 20 hp(?) engine. Needed a downhill run with a tailwind to got on the freeway - lol.
Yeah this one had the 1300 in it and would do 55 MPH, but just barely. I built a brand new 2110 from scratch, all new parts and had about $7K in it including carbs and exhaust. She wasn't slow anymore. :) Two more pics below, of about 600 plus taken during the work, but I'm done with Dubs now, the C7 is in my heart and blood now, so I won't highjack this man's thread any further.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts