Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just had my first draw bridge experience with hill assist.
I knew it had it, but I've never actually had to start on a hill with it.
So I let the clutch out, and I could feel it hold, but I wasn't sure what to do after that.
I managed to go, but I waited...actually I don't even know what I did, but I rolled back anyway then lunged forward, scaring the crap out of the people behind me.
I would have been fine without the hill assist, but it's on there so I'll deal with it.
My question is after you let the clutch out and it holds for a couple seconds, do you give it gas while it's holding or wait until it's done?
I feel like this should be easy. I'm probably over thinking it.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Vehicles equipped with the 7 Speed Tremec (TR6070) manual transmission have a feature called Hill Start Assist (HSA). When stopped on a hill, HSA prevents the vehicle from rolling before driving off, whether facing uphill or downhill by holding the brake pressure during the transition between when the driver releases the brake pedal and starts to accelerate. HSA is only active for a few seconds but it will re-engage if the brake pedal is applied again. The electronic brake control module (EBCM) calculates the brake pressure, which is needed to hold the vehicle on an incline or grade greater than 5 percent and locks that pressure for up to 2 seconds. The stop lamps will stay illuminated during HSA operation even though the brake pedal is released, this is considered normal operation.

HSA will not activate if the vehicle is in a drive gear and facing downhill or is in R (Reverse) and facing up hill.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Redc7 for that. I guess what I need to know is when to give it a little gas, while it's holding or after it releases. I waited too long to give it gas I guess because I was confused and I rolled back a little more than I wanted to.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Just drive it like any other standard on a hill let clutch out and apply gas don't wait for nothing ........:cool:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just drive it like any other standard on a hill let clutch out and apply gas don't wait for nothing ........:cool:
Thank you. I'll try it again without getting confused because it's not moving while I'm giving it gas for 2 seconds :) I'm just really glad the people behind me weren't right up on my tail.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Start to release clutch, give it some gas (like normal on a hill) and the hold will release as you start to move forward.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Start to release clutch, give it some gas (like normal on a hill) and the hold will release as you start to move forward.
Ahh that makes sense. Thank you so much.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
The hill hold has nothing to do with the clutch, it's controlled by the brake. When you release the brake it holds for 2 seconds while you release the clutch and add gas to pull away.

Reactions: JCobalt

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The hill hold has nothing to do with the clutch, it's controlled by the brake. When you release the brake it holds for 2 seconds while you release the clutch and add gas to pull away.
Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts