Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hit a rock. 2017 Z51 stingray. Spoiler broken. Airbags did not deploy but message in the DIC notes airbag. And the seat belts will now not extend as the keeper pieces are broken. No warning lights. no fluid level changes. Help?

·
Administrator
16,497 Posts
I believe that once you have a DIC re airbags, you are required have your C7 looked at by the dealer.

·
Administrator
16,497 Posts
Not sure. My earlier comment re the DIC Airbags is based on what I overheard while RedHot was in getting her oil and filter changed, earlier this month. One of the service reps came out and was talking to a customer, and part of the conversation was that they could not ignore the Airbag DIC notice, since they were required to report it before they could do any work on the vehicle. It could not be reset without the report and an investigation.

Your impact must have been fairly significant to trigger the seat belt mechanism as well. Were you hurt in the incident?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Faith, I would definitely have it check out at the dealer. You don't want to mess around when it comes to life safety items such as the seatbelts and airbags.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts