Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have short legs and the position and feel of the clutch pedal was not doing it for me.
Decided that I needed to extend the clutch pedal a bit.

There is an outfit that sells a clutch pedal extension, but it is fixed at 40mm which I thought was going to be too much.

Decided to build my own that would be adjustable in 1/2" increments so I could fine tune it.

The piece I built bolts to the existing clutch pedal after drill 4 holes in the pedal.
The new piece bolts in place and is ajustable though spacers. Once installed the stock pedal cover slips in place.

To go back to stock, unbolt, and put the stock pedal cover back on the original pedal.

A couple of pictures attached to show the unit and the finished install.

I found that a one inch extension was perfect for me.

Lance clutch pedal.jpg clutch pedal installed.jpg

·
Registered
125 Posts
lancekl,
Outstanding job and great idea.
Don't short sell yourself.
I just can't believe that with all of the other chevy models with adjustable paddles, they are not available on their highest end car.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
283 Posts
lancekl,
Outstanding job and great idea.
Don't short sell yourself.
I just can't believe that with all of the other chevy models with adjustable paddles, they are not available on their highest end car.
Thoughts?
I'm thinking it has to do with the fact that the gas pedal is fixed to the floor on the corvette and other GM models it is fixed to the underside of the dash making easy to add a motorized adjustment to all pedals as they are all attached to the same location. Also might have something to do with added weight. I'm kinda surprised they added as many luxuries as they did. But then again I could be totally wrong about all of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
It's not so much an overall pedal distance, at least not for me. It's about the long throw of the clutch and the distance to the floor. When I have the seat in the right place or proper right foot comfort and agility it becomes a stretch for me to fully depress the clutch. Most car's I've had in the past had the clutch pedal a bit higher than the brake, on the C7 it's even with the brake.

I added the 40mm extension sold by a vendor. It works for me but I would rather have a 25mm (1 inch) extension but I haven't felt the need to machine up a solution like this, I like it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's not so much an overall pedal distance, at least not for me. It's about the long throw of the clutch and the distance to the floor. When I have the seat in the right place or proper right foot comfort and agility it becomes a stretch for me to fully depress the clutch. Most car's I've had in the past had the clutch pedal a bit higher than the brake, on the C7 it's even with the brake.

I added the 40mm extension sold by a vendor. It works for me but I would rather have a 25mm (1 inch) extension but I haven't felt the need to machine up a solution like this, I like it.
That was exactly the issue with me. General pedal placement was fine, it was just the fact that the clutch pedal seemed to have a long throw from its standard position.
It was not so much the normal actuation, but I needed to push it a bit further to override the clutch/ignition lock out switch.

Looked to see if the switch was visible and adjustable, but could find nothing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
lancekl
Stingray Corvette Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to the 7th Gen Corvette Stingray. Come join the discussion on performance modifications, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing