Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping that someone will come up with a very thin vinyl (or some other very thin material similar to what nose guards such as XPel are made of ) that can be placed on the hood and the center part of the nose to simulate the famous 1967 hood contrasting color splash and stripe on the big block hood. The existing C7 available ones have a carbon fiber flash look and only cover the area that is in the approximate area where the 67 hood bulge was. My idea (hoping that someone will do it for the market) would involve this same piece made in contrasting colors (red on a black or white car, black on a red, yellow, blue or white car for example) along with narrow (1/4" wide) side stripe on each side next to this piece. In front of the existing hood vent would be a tapered colored area with stripe on each side extending onto the nose and encompassing the existing flag emblem as it did on the 67. One problem is that the C7 flag emblem is too wide to be totally within the colored section as on the 67. Removing the flags or supplying flags of the same style but smaller could solve the problem if the existing flags don't look right. If someone doesn't come up with this I will be doing it with paint by my local painter on my black C7. I had a black 67 BB coupe with the red splash hood and it was beautiful. The C7 is a Stingray, why not embrace the look?
Comments??

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
I would like to see it when you are finished with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts