Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the most optimistic Z06 price prediction I have seen.

hototipsonline said:
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 features,specification & performance 2014-2015 – With its best engine it is the great car. Corvette Stingray is already one of the best performance cars in the world. After this car war beteen machine now starts like Porsche vs. Corvette. GT-R vs. Corvette but Corvette is the best in all. Its convertible and stylish and filled with all specifications that what a exteam car lover need. From every corner it is just awsum and feel great thing.
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 features, specification & performance 2014-2015

General motors has released 2015 Z06′s official SAE-certified power numbers that is 650 horsepower at 6400 rpm and 650 lb-ft of torque at 3600 rpm. Corvette Z06 the most powerful production car in the history of General Motors. Corvette Z06 is on 7th position according to most powerful production engine available in US in 2015 model year. Company is expected to launch it in 2015.Corvette was the most-awarded racing nameplate in the American Le Mans Series and a seven-time winner at 24 Hours of Le Mans
Price of Chevrolet Corvette Z06 will aprx. $70,000-$76,920

Exterior of Chevrolet Corvette Z06

wider wheels and tires for more grip
Larger vents provide more cooling air
rear design extended by 80 mm and front design by 56 mm
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 provide three levels of aerodynamic downforce
standard Z06 features a front splitter
Unique carbon-fiber hood and Carbon-Fiber Aero Package
larger rear spoiler with a fixed wickerbill
Cooling air flow
Removable roof panel
Interior of Chevrolet Corvette Z06 :

Interior of Chevrolet Corvette Z06

flat-bottom steering wheel
two seating choices- GT seat & Competition Sport seat
fully wrapped interior and covered with soft touch materials
Include Napa leather, aluminum, carbon fiber with sueded microfiber.
About its engine and power :

Power and Engine of Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2015

Powered by an LT4 supercharged 6.2L aluminum V8 engine
increase LT4 fuel efficiency
Choice of transmissions
7-speed manual or track-certified 8-speed paddle-shift automatic

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
here is the most optimistic z06 price prediction i have seen.

chevrolet corvette z06 features, specification & performance 2014-2015

general motors has released 2015 z06′s official sae-certified power numbers that is 650 horsepower at 6400 rpm and 650 lb-ft of torque at 3600 rpm. Corvette z06 the most powerful production car in the history of general motors. Corvette z06 is on 7th position according to most powerful production engine available in us in 2015 model year. Company is expected to launch it in 2015.corvette was the most-awarded racing nameplate in the american le mans series and a seven-time winner at 24 hours of le mans
price of chevrolet corvette z06 will aprx. $70,000-$76,920

exterior of chevrolet corvette z06

wider wheels and tires for more grip
larger vents provide more cooling air
rear design extended by 80 mm and front design by 56 mm
chevrolet corvette z06 provide three levels of aerodynamic downforce
standard z06 features a front splitter
unique carbon-fiber hood and carbon-fiber aero package
larger rear spoiler with a fixed wickerbill
cooling air flow
removable roof panel
interior of chevrolet corvette z06 :

Interior of chevrolet corvette z06

flat-bottom steering wheel
two seating choices- gt seat & competition sport seat
fully wrapped interior and covered with soft touch materials
include napa leather, aluminum, carbon fiber with sueded microfiber.
About its engine and power :

Power and engine of chevrolet corvette z06 2015

powered by an lt4 supercharged 6.2l aluminum v8 engine
increase lt4 fuel efficiency
choice of transmissions
7-speed manual or track-certified 8-speed paddle-shift automatic

what!!!!!!!!!! No, really????????

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
You know, it will cost GM much less to build the C7 Z06 chassis than the C6 Z06 because they already have a capable chassis. They might be able to increase their margins and profits on a C7 Z06 even if the price came in less than the C6 Z06.

If they could produce a LOT of them, they would maximize profits by making the price affordable for more people. On the other hand, if the production is limited enough that they have more buyers than produced cars, then profits will be maximized by them selling each of the produced units for just as much money as they can get out of the customers.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I believe this car will come in barely under $100k with well equipped options and taxes.

Reactions: Gilles

·
Registered
1,204 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Me two...too!

But you know what? Within reason it doesn't really matter what it costs. At least initially. Those that really want the car, and can reasonably afford the car, will not be swayed by a single digit thousand dollars one way or the other. Say for example it comes in $5000 higher. The sales tax in my state will easily exceed that. The first year's depreciation will likely greatly exceed that! The only thing that could cost more is what it would cost to get the same Corvette junkie thrill some place other than buying a new Z06!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
What is the source? Looks like seriously uninformed speculation.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
136 Posts
For many of us the price will be critical, but to be able to get their hands on Z06 there will be the challenge!

·
Registered
125 Posts
GM should give us a break on the Z06 Price.
According to another thread on this forum they are making more than enough to make up for it with the Cadillac Sales in China!!!!!!!

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any price below $89,995 will be a huge price break considering what the car will offer, and since the price will be below that (no inside info, just trust Tadge and Harlan as they have been straight shooters on their pricing predictions), it will be a great deal.

Keep flip-flopping between $79,995 and $82,995.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well I do know this sense I have been a member I have seen a lot of it cant be G M would not do that. I remember seeing a picture of what we were told is a Z06 in a shop turns out that was right a photo was leaked of an LT4 on engine stand well that was it. I feel some members are very well connected to people still working at GM and get very accurate info and I hope they are right time will tell.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Really hoping or wishing the Z06 will start somewhere in the $70's before any options, but not holding my breath. If it does, it'll be a pleasant surprise. I was just looking at the current Z51's with the 3LT trim and they appear to be averaging around $72K, which is the basis of my logic. So, anywhere from $76K to $82K for a 1LZ 7-speed manual and no additional options seems reasonable for the first production run.

·
Registered
283 Posts
That would be nice, would love to get a stage 1, 2lt, 7spd for under $80k.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
391 Posts
If I see the basic price around $76,000,I'm going to be thinking about selling this C7 that I've only had for A month.I need to stop adding stuff.

·
Registered
231 Posts
The only "factor" I can see that may mitigate the price issue comparing the C6 Z06/ZR1 to the C7 Z06 is that with the C6, the Z's used a frame unique to them only (aluminum vs. hydro formed steel) this limited production frame was "supplier" built and not done by GM. The C7's (all, including the Z06) use the new "in house" constructed, newly designed and produced in enough volume to reduce cost substantially across the board. With the frame being such a "major component", and costing less than the "unique C6 Z's" that should bring the Z06's production cost down in comparison. With the rest of you, still just hopping for (the best) that "sub 100K" for a "semi-loaded" Z07 but, expecting the worst. Damn, I wish that other shoe would drop soon.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I've always contended that the Z06 will run between $20000 -$25000 more than an identically configured Z51. The only hard part differences are drivetrain, wheels, brakes, body panels and interior trim. They are built on the same line using the same processes. The fact the base platform is so well designed that they can pump it up to super car levels without major redesigns is a testament to the vision they had when they created this generation.

Personally, if things don't go sideways in my professional life, I'm seriously considering moving to a Z06 in the 2017 model year. That would change if GM pulls an "SRT" and prices the car based on perceived competition and not on COGS.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
153 Posts
If I see the basic price around $76,000,I'm going to be thinking about selling this C7 that I've only had for A month.I need to stop adding stuff.
This is exactly why I decided to be patient and wait for the Z06. About 2 months ago, I was planning to go with a 2015 Z51. However, I then thought about the money I would spend on mods (supercharger, wider wheels, etc) and realized it's smarter to just wait for the Z. Once I start adding stuff, then I can't stop. I have a problem lol.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts