Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday I decided to wash, wax, and detail the Stingray before heading to the in -laws,and while sitting at a red light at the entrance to my neighborhood the horn starts blowing continuously. I had no idea at the time what to do and pressed the onstar button,and for the next 45 minutes stayed on hold while they tried to contact a service tech from the dealership i purchased the car from. Onstar had no luck getting in touch with anyone at 3pm and the horn stopped blowing on its own and now wont work at all(circuit or fuse probably burned out). a trip to the service department will have to wait another week since my daily driver(Raptor) is getting some mods done and wont be done until next week. No clue what caused it as I didn't hit the horn in the first place(yes I messed with the remote as well as turned the car off and locked it then unlocked it and restarted the car while it was going off. When i get it back from the dealer I'll post what the findings were.

·
Registered
10,417 Posts
Wow, Joe, I am really sorry to hear that. Hopefully it will be a quick and easy fix. Keep us updated on the progress of determining your root cause and final resolution.

Reactions: jlatigo

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I'll bet the horn airbag is knocked askew from its mountings, mine did that when I put the airbag back the wrong way....next time after a min or two, pull the neg terminal off the batt to kill it until you figure out what's wrong or get help...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts