Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...
I'm in the Houston area and looking at ordering a 2015 Stingray from MacMulkin with courtesy delivery to a local dealer. MacMulkin will arrange the courtesy delivery from a list of preferred dealers I send them. I'm looking for input from anyone who has used courtesy delivery for their C7 in the Houston area.

Who did you use?
What did they charge?
What services did they provide for the price?
Was it a good or bad experience? (and why)
Would you do it again? (and why)

I understand the rub a dealer can have with providing a courtesy delivery but I'm also aware that some dealers accept it and are better at it than others. I'm just looking to be the most informed about what to expect locally if I go this route. Any info provided is much appreciated.

·
Registered
97 Posts
If Houston area doesn't work out, I'm using Gunn Chevrolet in schertz, Tx. (a suburb of San Antonio on the north east side up I35) They seem to have a fair share of corvettes come in and on their lot at any given time so hopefully they're used to handling them. By no means is this a top ten dealer or anything like that but they charge $223 and provide a 60 day temp tag and inspection stickers if needed. I do know I called two dealers in Houston and both marked up their stingrays. Strickland chevy was the worse with about a 5K markup on one model so I was instantly turned off by them. Katherine Voss is the inventory manager that is helping me out. They haven't done it yet so I can't speak on the final service but hopefully it will be good. Just thought I'd offer an alternative if you don't like what you hear for the Houston area. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
18,670 Posts
"bjhayes," good for you for posting here, and hope you get some good feedback on specific dealerships.

Would take the courtesy delivery list MacMulkin has and go visit the service managers of the dealerships, ask them how they feel about doing your courtesy delivery. Investigate what will they be doing to your car, (for example, filling it full of premium?), will they give you a copy of the signed PDI, of course cost, who will be driving your car around the lot and on the test drive, etc.

Look around and see if they have Corvettes in their showrooms; are any on the linked list indicating their significant Corvette experience? Any Corvettes in their service bays? Do their service bays look organized and clean, etc. Call the local Corvette club leaders and ask them their thoughts about your "top three."

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-corvette-news/5256-top-99-c7-dealers.html

Here is a list that you might want to look over before starting your "investigation." By the way, excitedly arrived at my courtesy delivery dealer after similarly "interviewing dealerships."

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...ng/1363-pre-delivery-pdi-inspection-form.html

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If Houston area doesn't work out, I'm using Gunn Chevrolet in schertz, Tx. (a suburb of San Antonio on the north east side up I35) They seem to have a fair share of corvettes come in and on their lot at any given time so hopefully they're used to handling them. By no means is this a top ten dealer or anything like that but they charge $223 and provide a 60 day temp tag and inspection stickers if needed. I do know I called two dealers in Houston and both marked up their stingrays. Strickland chevy was the worse with about a 5K markup on one model so I was instantly turned off by them. Katherine Voss is the inventory manager that is helping me out. They haven't done it yet so I can't speak on the final service but hopefully it will be good. Just thought I'd offer an alternative if you don't like what you hear for the Houston area. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum
Thanks for the info... I'll keep this in mind. I have no problems going outside Houston if needed and certainly know the San Antonio area.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"bjhayes," good for you for posting here, and hope you get some good feedback on specific dealerships.

Would take the courtesy delivery list MacMulkin has and go visit the service managers of the dealerships, ask them how they feel about doing your courtesy delivery. Investigate what will they be doing to your car, (for example, filling it full of premium?), will they give you a copy of the signed PDI, of course cost, who will be driving your car around the lot and on the test drive, etc.

Look around and see if they have Corvettes in their showrooms; are any on the linked list indicating their significant Corvette experience? Any Corvettes in their service bays? Do their service bays look organized and clean, etc. Call the local Corvette club leaders and ask them their thoughts about your "top three."

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-corvette-news/5256-top-99-c7-dealers.html

Here is a list that you might want to look over before starting your "investigation." By the way, excitedly arrived at my courtesy delivery dealer after similarly "interviewing dealerships."

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...ng/1363-pre-delivery-pdi-inspection-form.html
Thanks Elegant.. great info..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts