Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be ordering a 2015 Stingray in the near future and I am wondering if anyone knows of any dealers in the Houston area accepting GM supplier discounts.
I know it's a crap-shoot but hey.. you never know.

·
Registered
2014 C7 Z51
122 Posts
I'm going to be ordering a 2015 Stingray in the near future and I am wondering if anyone knows of any dealers in the Houston area accepting GM supplier discounts.
I know it's a crap-shoot but hey.. you never know.
Take a look at Strickland Chevy over in Pearland. I'm using them as a Courtesy Delivery Dealer. Very responsive and seems to have good numbers of allocations. Currently they have about 8 to 10 Vettes on the lot. Didn't have the late in the year Z51 allocation I wanted, but my experience has been positive.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take a look at Strickland Chevy over in Pearland. I'm using them as a Courtesy Delivery Dealer. Very responsive and seems to have good numbers of allocations. Currently they have about 8 to 10 Vettes on the lot. Didn't have the late in the year Z51 allocation I wanted, but my experience has been positive.
I contacted them already and they sent me an email stating they were getting between $3k and $6k over MSRP. Of the several dealers I have contacted in the area they are the only one so far adding additional markup.

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
Well, that explains why they have 8-10 'Vettes on their lot...

Reactions: Raydor

·
Registered
26 Posts
I contacted them already and they sent me an email stating they were getting between $3k and $6k over MSRP. Of the several dealers I have contacted in the area they are the only one so far adding additional markup.
In April I went to order a base model rom them, they asked $5K over MSRP (I don't think so!!!). I ended up ordering from Mac Mulkin in NH and got a courtesy delivery to Houston in 6 weeks. It was a great and flawless experience. I paid much below MSRP. If interested, you can search fro Mac Mulkin in the forms and read other people's experiences, too. Good luck!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Contact Spencer at Parkway Chevrolet in Tomball and tell him the guy with all the R8's sent you.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
2014 C7 Z51
122 Posts
Unfortunately, on the south side of Houston, you'll pay MSRP+ if you want one off their lot. After talking with Strickland, Autonation, Frede, Ron Carter, DeMontrond, Monument, etc, all were $1,500 to $3,000 over list. If you want to deal with a local dealer and based on the supply and demand this car gets, you have to ante up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I couldn't find one in stock at msrp so flew to Atlanta, bought a base 3LT, auto, carbon roof for low 60's and drove it back in one day. Parkway offered a loaded out Z51 on order at MSRP but $20K more than I wanted to spend.

Russ

·
Registered
2014 C7 Z51
122 Posts
Well, that explains why they have 8-10 'Vettes on their lot...
One would think, but they were # 68 in first quarter sales with 16 and will crack the top 50 in the second quarter (what they say). I heard the Vette salesman say they sold 40 as of last week. One side note, the one good thing is their deliver charge is the cheapest around (half of others) and they have multiple certified Vette mechanics on staff.

·
Registered
2014 C7 Z51
122 Posts
In April I went to order a base model rom them, they asked $5K over MSRP (I don't think so!!!). I ended up ordering from Mac Mulkin in NH and got a courtesy delivery to Houston in 6 weeks. It was a great and flawless experience. I paid much below MSRP. If interested, you can search fro Mac Mulkin in the forms and read other people's experiences, too. Good luck!
After a two month search, I did the same. MacMulkin was where I settled too. It wasn't money per se, but the main factor was I couldn't get the options that I wanted. Tommy Jr and his guys are great. It's been a good experience. But if you want to buy local, they got ya.

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
One would think, but they were # 68 in first quarter sales with 16 and will crack the top 50 in the second quarter (what they say). I heard the Vette salesman say they sold 40 as of last week. One side note, the one good thing is their deliver charge is the cheapest around (half of others) and they have multiple certified Vette mechanics on staff.
I understand. However, if they would have sold even just 80 cars at MSRP, they would have had more total profit in the sales department than selling only 40 at MSRP+markup.

The local dealer here does exactly that: he sells at MSRP and will deliver 200+ (not quite 300) MY 2014 StingRays.

Then, if they can keep the local customers happy during the delivery, there is a big chance they could also get the service business on more than twice as many cars...

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with their business model, and think it is short-sighted for them to sell at over MSRP.

·
Registered
2014 C7 Z51
122 Posts
I understand. However, if they would have sold even just 80 cars at MSRP, they would have had more total profit in the sales department than selling only 40 at MSRP+markup.

The local dealer here does exactly that: he sells at MSRP and will deliver 200+ (not quite 300) MY 2014 StingRays.

Then, if they can keep the local customers happy during the delivery, there is a big chance they could also get the service business on more than twice as many cars...

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with their business model, and think it is short-sighted for them to sell at over MSRP.
No need to be sorry Rodney. Free country, free will. You don't like what they are offering, move on. I didn't bite at their offer.

It still amazes me that supply and demand for this vehicle is so high that it "can" drive the market for at least 40+ folks to pay significantly over MSRP. So if other local dealers have a much lower allocation, creating very little competition in the local market, this dealer can drive the asking price. Is it a losing business model over the long haul.?. Maybe. An economy to support high-end car purchases (domestic and foreign sales) and demand for the C7 performance will tell us over time. Interesting business case comparing the two approaches.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have an email into MacMulkin now. Since I plan on museum delivery I'm opening up to out of state options.

·
Registered
2014 C7 Z51
122 Posts
I have an email into MacMulkin now. Since I plan on museum delivery I'm opening up to out of state options.
Good choice. They have treated me well. Good luck..!..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts