Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you keep track of your car when you don't have it with you. Since I won't be driving mine to work every day, the days I don't I'll want to check in on it.
I'm thinking about getting a DROPCAM and putting it in the garage, it'll send me a text if it detects movement and I can do a live look via computer or Smartphone App log in.
Anyone else have a similar setup???

https://www.dropcam.com/

·
Registered
378 Posts
I can't watch mine, Chevrolet won't even let me know it's whereabouts! I'm being held hostage at 3000.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Same as above, Its not no 300k car, Just a chevy....lol

·
Registered
582 Posts
I will be remolding my detached garage soon and putting large glass doors on the side. I will be able to sit in my recliner and look into the garage at my baby. ;) When away from home I’m not worried as my insurance has full replacement coverage. :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I will be remolding my detached garage soon and putting large glass doors on the side. I will be able to sit in my recliner and look into the garage at my baby. ;) When away from home I’m not worried as my insurance has full replacement coverage. :)
Good for you! I'm having my detached garage completely rebuilt in about a month. Glass doors seem like a great addition. I didn't even think about that.

Back to the topic: as far as surveillance...I just use my eyes if I can get to it. I'm the guy who looks out the window of a bar or restaurant to check on his car :/ I've never had to do that before, but sometimes people get too close and it bothers me. If I have to park it some place where I can't see it for extended period, I drive the prius. Yes, i said prius ;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Might wanna move if you can't trust your car at your own house...

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

1 - 8 of 8 Posts