Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, so i always drive my C7 on sport or Track mode and i love to downshift, i would like to know how bad its for the transmision or if its not that bad at all... I do it everyday:nonchalance:

i do it mainly from 3rd gear going at 35 MPH to 1st gear and it growls beautiful i know i might be screwing my car up but anyways i want to hear what u guys have to say.

Have a good one :pirate:

·
Registered
699 Posts
I used to think the same thing until I went to Spring Mountain and put an automatic through its paces. If it was going to break it would have done it there. Of course it was their car so I didn't feel so bad. But that's what they taught me to do.

·
Registered
922 Posts
On a manual downshift of my A6, my 14 does a rev match before down shifting. So far so good.

·
Administrator
15,574 Posts
Anecdotal info in my case, but I use downshifts on RedHot regularly, just as I have done with my Cadillac paddle shifters for years without any apparent issue (and even in my other cars that don't have paddles but do offer sport shifting). Never had a transmission problem. The only thing I have noticed in RedHot is the great NPP burble accompanying the end of the down shift :eek:nthego:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wasn't specting this good news hahah! I also asked my trusted mechanic about it and he told me that there shouldn't be a problem at all... Reading all your comments its very satisfying :tears_of_joy::D thanks for all your replies

·
Registered
1,329 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi, so i always drive my C7 on sport or Track mode and i love to downshift, i would like to know how bad its for the transmision or if its not that bad at all... I do it everyday:nonchalance:

i do it mainly from 3rd gear going at 35 MPH to 1st gear and it growls beautiful i know i might be screwing my car up but anyways i want to hear what u guys have to say.

Have a good one :pirate:
Don't know about the A6 but the A8 not only rev matches which reduces wear it will not allow you to downshift until the RPM will not exceed redline.

You are good to go...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Have 5000 miles now. Starting using (M) and the paddle shifters about 500 miles back. Could it ever sound any better!!!!!!? I now live to down shift, especially when coming to a stop light with a line of stopped cars with their widows open. Can life get any better? Do I need help?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Yes. John

·
Registered
504 Posts
Have 5000 miles now. Starting using (M) and the paddle shifters about 500 miles back. Could it ever sound any better!!!!!!? I now live to down shift, especially when coming to a stop light with a line of stopped cars with their widows open. Can life get any better? Do I need help?
Same here and love it. The 3 to 2 down shift is my favorite :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts