Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Everyone,

I love to stay up-to-date with the posts on this forum, and I am the type who does not like to miss anything. As such, I am wondering if there is a better way to do this than what I have been doing.

Normally I click on the "What's New?" tab, and then view the activity stream. That works well to make sure I don't miss anything, but, if there have been several pages of posts since my last visit, I find it tedious going through the whole list in that format (ordered by post time/date). What I would like to find is how to view the activity stream not on posts, but on threads. I found a place where the latest threads are listed, but, as far as I can tell, it only gives a limited number of recent threads. My problem with that is there may be more threads I have not caught up on that the limited number of threads given in that list.

Am I missing something, or is there no way to efficiently do what I am looking for?

Also, what method do you use to read the new information on StingRayForums?

Thanks!

-Rodney

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Glen, but doesn't that only list the last 50 active topics? With so much traffic on this site, that usually only gives about 12-18 hours of the most recent threads. If someone has been away for a whole day or two, it doesn't work to catch up from there (unless I am missing some special setting or something like that).

Does your "Active Topics" show the 50 most recent ones like mine, or does yours show more?

Thanks, Glen!

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Honestly Rodney, you know the answer: I really don't know how many....(nor care)......lol

I'm on so often that "active" just shows me what's new or has had hits...

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I pretty much knew what you would say, but I thought it was worth a shot to ask anyway. :)

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Yeah, I pretty much knew what you would say, but I thought it was worth a shot to ask anyway. :)
You'll understand someday, when you retire, you pick and choose your thoughts....and do a lot less of it.....it's a nice feeling....the oldsters here will understand what I mean...LOL.... but I understand your desire to "figure things out" (I was there) - have at it!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I read mainly from the iPhone app, I just go to the Unread and it picks me up where I last was on.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reactions: Dennis

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I read mainly from the iPhone app, I just go to the Unread and it picks me up where I last was on.
Thank you for your helpful reply, Tom0021. I am not sure how I would implement the method you use since I don't use an iPhone. Nevertheless, I have tried the method indicated by Dennis and it is working for me, so I am good to go now.

Thanks to all!

Rodney

·
Registered
281 Posts
You'll understand someday, when you retire, you pick and choose your thoughts...." (I was there) - have at it!
I still consider myself young, but I am already there, Glen. I don't think I've ever once clicked on a thread not related to my Stingray or the operation of this forum and that is how I've rolled since the days of dial-up connections and me still wearing footie pajamas. Must've been a sophomore in college.

o.0

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
First, I use quick links, and subscribed theads. This takes me thru new activity on the threads I already subscribed to or commented on before.

Once I look thru those, then I go to "Active Topics" to find new interesting threads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts