Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I just need to roll the car out of the garage to do some woodworking. My C5 would do it by turning the key to accessory, then move the shifter to Neutral. This way I could move the vette 25 feet without having to do a coldstart. Hate to run it cold for just half a minute. Anyway, I understand I am suppose to be able to go into the accessory mode on the C7 by pressing start button with foot off the brake. Then put foot on brake, squeeze shifter button and pull out of Park. It won't let me do that. Anyone know what the trick is? I imagine there has to be a way, especially if you need to have a disabled car moved. If it won't start, there needs to be a way to get it on the tow truck bed.

Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks, Gabe.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just hold down the start button with your foot off the brake until the dash lights up fully, it will go into ignition mode without cranking after holding the button down for five seconds. Then let go of the button, push the brake pedal and take it out of park.

Page 9-20 in the online manual, they dont say thats how to take it out of park without it running but it does work. Its called 'service only mode' in the manual. Sure would be nice if there was a mechanical way of releasing it like most cars, if the electrical system goes haywire (unheard of in a Corvette I know) how are you going to get an auto car on a tow truck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts