Stingray Corvette Forum banner

How will you use your C7... all driving or some racing too?!

• Bubble Car - I don't plan to drive it at all.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Daily/Weekend driving but NO racing for me.

Votes: 47 35.6%
  • Daily/Weekend driving AND some drag racing is my thing!

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Daily/Weekend driving AND some road course racing is more my style!

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Daily/Weekend driving AND some spirited, but legal driving.

Votes: 58 43.9%
  • No street driving for me, full time drag car duties.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No street driving for me, full time road course car duties.

Votes: 1 0.8%
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In determining the direction I want to do with our C7, it made me curious as to how you guys are going to use your car. If you want to add a comment as to why or a good ol' asterisk, by all means let's hear it! :)

How will your C7 be serving you over it's lifetime? Are you a daily or weekend cruiser, or will your car see some racing? Inquiring minds want to know! :cool:

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
as a daily driver, very few times over 4000 rpm, NPP set in quiet as a sports touring car...yes I realize I'm boring, I'm perfectly ok with that....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Daily driver here. That wasn't the plan originally but I haven't looked back since delivery

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How did this go up before I got the poll in LOL... check your box for statistical purposes. The engineer in my loves data. No judgements here, so no worries. That's the beauty of the life, we all enjoy things differently! :)

·
Registered
504 Posts
My plan is to use her as a weekend or special event car with occasional touring duty. I live near some sierra mountain passes and great canyon roads that I plan on running as often as possible. It will not be a daily driver as my daily routine requires me to call on customers in sometimes not great neighborhoods.

·
Registered
993 Posts
DD for me. Hope to get it on the track for that kind of fun too. Dragstrip, why not. Autocross, yes. Car shows, cruise ins, yep. Seems to stay in the sport mode most of the time. I need to get in and change the settings so the sport/track exhaust note plays in all except maybe the eco mode..

Reactions: weaponX

·
Registered
489 Posts
Street racing is not condoned by StingRay Forums. That part of that option will be removed as soon as possible.
I think the street option is obviously on a closed street with all safety precautions and legal matters taken care of.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have always used my cars as
weekend rides. low miles and lots of loving care. one of my great pleasures in ownership is being able to wash and pamper it. now thats saying to much;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
It'll be used as a weekend rider, but I plan on using it. Also plan on hitting the track with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

Reactions: tiggoz and weaponX

·
Registered
209 Posts
Daily driver when weather permits, road trips when possible. I plan to baby her to a certain extent, washing and taking care so she always looks her best but I didn't buy her to leave her in the garage. Driving her is the most fun I have had with my clothes on!

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Street racing is not condoned by StingRay Forums. That part of that option will be removed as soon as possible.
We're not encouraging or passing judgement just trying to get to know the members better. There are plenty of events held on streets. Even Hennessey did his 200MPH glory run on a public road that was closed and that was highly discussed and heralded. If you think that was "safe" or those roads were ever engineered to have a car going 200MPH down them, I'd beg to differ. :) It's just a general question as to what the owners will do with their cars and over 16% of the votes or your members checked that box. Whether the forum condones this or not won't keep someone from doing it as some will do more with their cars than touch up factory parts and go for a sunny spin. Don't get me wrong buddy, I don't disagree with your policies at all, but I'd rather my poll not be edited. Alas, it's your world and I'll understand.

·
Registered
366 Posts
My new stingray will be a Daily driver for me, just like my last two.
A) maximize my opportunity to enjoy it
B) it's one of the main allures for me, amazing performance machine that is perfectly suited to run around town too.

Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
957 Posts
Daily Driver. I hope to take a track course later this year. I grew up street racing in my wild child days so I love to race but want to learn the proper way. Most fun I have had driving a car.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
9 Posts
Covered during the day. Drive to the gym during the week (weather permitting).

1 - 20 of 69 Posts