Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decisions, Decisions, Decisions. Seen five colors so far and will be checking out my last two "must see" colors next weekend, the Arctic White and the Cyber Gray. But I'm having just as much difficulty on the interior. Love the Brownstone, Kalahari and the Red, but I don't like the way in the 3LT that the Brownstone and Kalahari cover the entire dash. In the 2LT there's no color on the dash. Love the way it's done in Red in the 3LT, just wish it was available that way in the other two colors as well. In Red it was probably a reflection issue, but I love it with the black mixed in.

I tried to post a pic of the Red and Kalahari in 3LT, but the forum doesn't allow it with Tapatalk app. Sorry if you're not sure of what I'm trying to describe, like they say a picture worth a thousand words. But if I could get the Brownstone and/or Kalahari done exactly like the Red in 3LT my decision would be so much easier. I'm certain others prefer it the way it is and love the look with the entire dash covered.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what you are asking..."it is what it is" so to speak- yup, the brownstone and kalahari cover the dash.....
I guess I'd say I'm just thinking out loud. I know it is what it is, I just prefer the way it's done in 3LT with Red, or I guess I just like consistency. But depending on what color exterior I choose it will affect my decision on what color interior I choose as well. Just wish all three were done the same way.

·
18,670 Posts
Understand what you are describing, and what you wish will not happen this model year (that the Adrenaline Red does not cover the entire dash as does the Brownstone and the Kalahairi). We have no idea if and how anything will or will not change for the 2015's.

Pretty sure you have seen these two threads, but if not:

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...tos-videos/640-official-kalahairi-thread.html

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...eos/914-official-adrenaline-red-interior.html

Went looking for an "official Brownstone thread," only to learn we do not have one, so will create one today.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're right. The 3LT kalahari looks like a big jar of jiff peanut butter
I wouldn't go that far, I'm sure some folks love the way it covers the entire dash. I prefer some contrast. In the 3LT I love the way the dash is done in Red, just wish they had given an additional option to have the Kalahari and Brownstone done exactly the same way. I like consistency, when you choose an option irregardless of the color they're all done uniform in detail. Just my humble opinion.

Decided to go and checkout the Arctic White and Cyber Gray yesterday, hour drive, and get there to find both sold/gone. The white one was picked up only hours before I got to see it. Very Disappointed. Really wanted to see the white one with the full body carbon flash stripes and inside it had the carbon fiber trim as well as the sueded micro-fiber packages. 3LT w/Z51 Mag Ride & Exhaust! Outside was exactly like the way I've been building mine on the chevy website. They had a Torch Red, already seen it, and taken it off my wish list. Well it was a very nice day for a drive, the dealership owner said we could go and see it at the guys house, but I declined, wouldn't want to be a bother. The Cyber Gray went to the Vineyard (an island next to Nantucket) which has about two minutes of roads.

When I spoke with the dealership owner he asked if we will be tracking/road course the car, if not he said do not get the Z51 pkg. Much better ride and none of that jerkiness in a slow turn. He said its a way smoother ride.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's a picture of the Red interior and the Kalahari & Brownstone in the 3LT model.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385909916.230800.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385909941.472881.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385909952.669539.jpg

Love the way it's done in Red! I have seen the 3LT Kalahari and I really like it, but just wish it was an option to have it done the same way as in Red.

·
Registered
307 Posts
With regards to the salesman pushing the non-z51, you have to remember, he's flooded with that one because most people don't want it. It's cheap looking too. Now you can even get discounts on it. It boils my blood when I see any of these dealers pushing the non z51 to a z51 customer just to unload them. When you pay this much money, you should get access to what you want.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Personally hear from good sources that the ride is excellent z51 or non z51.
Much better than the viper and the like.
Prefer the 1lt red interior...
Red seats against the black does it 4 me.
Cheaper 2!

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With regards to the salesman pushing the non-z51, you have to remember, he's flooded with that one because most people don't want it. It's cheap looking too. Now you can even get discounts on it. It boils my blood when I see any of these dealers pushing the non z51 to a z51 customer just to unload them. When you pay this much money, you should get access to what you want.
Thanks for your input. Actually he has zero Stingrays on hand and only one allocation left which is for a vert. Told me to check back in a month and he'll have his allocations for 2014. He has driven both on a track, he drives/races a 599 Ferrari, so I'm not sure if that's his honest opinion or just pushing a sale. A month from now the constraints for the Z51 pkg may be over, so that's why I'm not sure if he's pushing me one way or is that what he observed from his driving experience. I haven't driven either so I have no clue, but I get a little of that jumping/skipping in a low speed turn in my ZL1, and never experienced that in my SS.

·
Registered
429 Posts
The C7 without Z51 is cheap looking? You mean the wheels and spoiler on the Z51 change the entire look? Wow! I haven't the faintest idea of what you're thinking with though I do agree, as any other capitalist would, with your final comment.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Maybe not the spoiler so much but those black wheels definitely makes the c7 go to another level looks wise.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
The C7 without Z51 is cheap looking? You mean the wheels and spoiler on the Z51 change the entire look? Wow! I haven't the faintest idea of what you're thinking with though I do agree, as any other capitalist would, with your final comment.

I agree....I did not get the z51 because of the cheap looking spoiler and the wheels are meh.....rides nicer too.....I actually bought the spoiler and returned it....both cars carry the cheap looking plastic vents.....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I agree....I did not get the z51 because of the cheap looking spoiler and the wheels are meh.....rides nicer too.....I actually bought the spoiler and returned it....both cars carry the cheap looking plastic vents.....
So Glen are you in agreement with my dealer that its a better drive w/o the Z51 pkg? I love the spoiler! If I go w/o the Z51 pkg I will add the carbon flash painted spoiler and mirrors. Don't like that you can't get the 19&20" black rims w/o the Z51 pkg, or can it be ordered that way for the $495 extra cost even though it's not an option on the build your own website?

·
18,670 Posts
May be in the minority again, for I don't think the black carbon flash intake grills and vents look cheap, don't think the car looks cheap with or without the Z-51 package, etc. Yes, have my personal preferences, but stand back ten feet and look at every StingRay, and to me, every one looks exotic and rich and exquisite.

Cheap is the very last word I would apply to every StingRay's looks, with or without every conceivable option combination.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
So Glen are you in agreement with my dealer that its a better drive w/o the Z51 pkg? I love the spoiler! If I go w/o the Z51 pkg I will add the carbon flash painted spoiler and mirrors. Don't like that you can't get the 19&20" black rims w/o the Z51 pkg, or can it be ordered that way for the $495 extra cost even though it's not an option on the build your own website?
if you are looking for the most complaint drive - get the non z51...it is softer than the z51 with MRC on the soft setting...but don't let this morph out of control. it is still a high tech corvette suspension that handles curves beautifully.....not some 1970's Cadillac suspension that is terribly soft. I love it.

also, never look at the z51 pkg just because you like the wheels, if that's all you need. You can buy aftermarket like I did (all the TSW.com wheels fit base and z51 w/o modification) , plastidip the stock wheels, powdercoat them for little money, or just wait for the z51 take offs that z51 guys will put on the sales sites like here for sale section, craigslist and ebay in the next 3-6 months...Also, a company called "factory reproductions" will come out with a z51 wheel identical soon...they have, for all the former camaro and vette models ...

http://factoryreproductions.com/

·
Registered
307 Posts
I like my new car to be factory original with it's proper factory offerings and match up with what the window sticker says. Again, I have no desire to spend that kind of money and have to settle. The z51 defines this corvette with it's full performance potential for a small extra and large value. To me, the base plain jane is a compromise to allow gm to meet cafe regs, to allow a customer to save a couple thousand dollars, or as the current situation shows: it allows for many customers, desperate to get their corvette the next day, to compromise and settle, only to regret it a few mos later, when there are no constraints. The constraints and crappy allocation from non competitive dealers doesn't justify trying to make excuses to justify settling just to get the car faster.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I agree
It's all about value. The cost compared to what's offered is a no brainer.
Saying that the non z51 is a better ride is nonsense especially when a salesperson says it. Like they have been in both cars. Need to get exactly what you want if you can afford it. Don't let anyone talk u out of your dream car!

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I like my new car to be factory original with it's proper factory offerings and match up with what the window sticker says. Again, I have no desire to spend that kind of money and have to settle. The z51 defines this corvette with it's full performance potential for a small extra and large value. To me, the base plain jane is a compromise to allow gm to meet cafe regs, to allow a customer to save a couple thousand dollars, or as the current situation shows: it allows for many customers, desperate to get their corvette the next day, to compromise and settle, only to regret it a few mos later, when there are no constraints. The constraints and crappy allocation from non competitive dealers doesn't justify trying to make excuses to justify settling just to get the car faster.
The big point you are missing is the non z51 pkg meets many people's needs and wants, just like me. I use a Mac mini for my desktop, even though I could afford any of their hi power models. It would be waste. And since I don't need ANYTHING in the z51 pkg, I did not get it. It was not because I was in constraint - NOTHING was in constraint when I ordered, or I needed to spend cheap, it was how I wanted the car spec'd....Many of us do what we want, not what we are forced to do....and really, you think this looks cheap?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts