Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw in another posting that the TPW for the first week of January has already been posted, no Z-51's that week. This means a minimum wait of another 3 months before any glimmer of hope for my Z-51 order, and probably longer than that as there are two more in front of me in the queue at the dealership. The dealer has allocations to cover the orders, but it's anyone's guess how slowly Z-51 slots will be picked up by the production process.

Now on to the question of the thread: How far into the model year will you wait before you cancel your order and accept what you can find in stock?

Corollary question: What compromises will you be willing to make to get a car? Missing options? Options you didn't want? Over MSRP?

Back to waiting ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Not sure where u r from but I would sit tight and be patient.
I have a feeling that one of these weeks parts. Will b many for the z51.
Probably just before spring.
I don't want the car before spring.
I'm from chi.



Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
I saw in another posting that the TPW for the first week of January has already been posted, no Z-51's that week. This means a minimum wait of another 3 months before any glimmer of hope for my Z-51 order, and probably longer than that as there are two more in front of me in the queue at the dealership. The dealer has allocations to cover the orders, but it's anyone's guess how slowly Z-51 slots will be picked up by the production process.

Now on to the question of the thread: How far into the model year will you wait before you cancel your order and accept what you can find in stock?

Corollary question: What compromises will you be willing to make to get a car? Missing options? Options you didn't want? Over MSRP?

Back to waiting ...
Good question, However I beleive that it's up to you to figure on how long you want to wait. I am not sure if anyone can give you an exact answer. I just picked mine up 4 days ago. 2 were delivered but mine was the only one that drove off the lot. The other one was ordered but the guy backed out. So maybe you can find one that isn't exactly what you want but is available. This was a Laguna Blue and around $70,000. All I can add is that I was going to do the C-6 but then I said, I won't be happy when I see a new C-7 go buy and think, I should of waited. So maybe it will be worth the wait to get what you want. Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
Good point you bring up. I was thinking myself if I don't have any info on my TPW by Christmas perhaps I'd cancel my order and either find one floating around a lot or wait for a 2015. I put my order in end of Aug. In Canada though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
I'm one with a Z51 FAY vert that's sitting on the sideline due to constraints, and dealer allocation. And while it sucks to hear of others getting their cars (yes, really, good for them) I'm waiting until mine's built. As long as I get what I've ordered by April/May, I still have the car I WANT for the summer, and I don't have to wait for next winter to go through this BS all over again. If you really want the car, wait; there will be plenty of opportunity to bail and get something that you DIDN'T WANT later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
When do you bail though if it seems like April isn't a reality anymore? How long does Chevy give certain dealerships preference because I am not %100 on what is going on with my allocation which cannot be proven apparently.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
18,670 Posts
Understand the frustration. Very real. Very, very understandable.

Please, as you consider the two options listed by the OP (buying from stock, or canceling your order and waiting for the 2015's) also consider that there are two other factors to be put into your equation. Some dealers are already discounting from list (at least on the non Z-51 cars) and discounts from MSRP grow over time. However, GM's pricing for its options can change, and almost always it is a price increase. Expect Z-51 pricing for "brand new orders" to increase, probably BEFORE the 2015 MY, and maybe even a second time for the '15's. Option price increases would not surprise me for both the CF dash and the exposed CF roof too.

Just a couple of more things to put into your equation. There is no wrong answer here, just what you are personally comfortable with.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top