Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like this will be a very rare option for 2014, possibly less than 150 total.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something here, but how rare will this really be? You can find all the parts either through parts department or other vendors and add them onto the car after delivery.
Doesn't it just become a mod versus a factory option?

Hopefully this is coming across as a sincere question, not trying to be an....... , well you know, in asking this.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe I'm missing something here, but how rare will this really be? You can find all the parts either through parts department or other vendors and add them onto the car after delivery.
Doesn't it just become a mod versus a factory option?

Hopefully this is coming across as a sincere question, not trying to be an....... , well you know, in asking this.
Of course all the parts can be purchased over the counter and installed, but I'm speaking of small numbers of factory options. You can go back through Corvette history and see many examples of very limited factory options, i.e. 36 gallon fuel tank, L88, Aztec Gold paint in 1998 and many other examples.

That was the basis of my question. Oh and I'm the LRG ZF1 guy. If my order gets picked up this Tues I'm sure my 2014 LRG ZF1 will be very rare. One of less than 10 I'm guessing.

·
18,670 Posts
AFVETTE, "the person hopefully with the very RARE car," thanks for that reminder. Very cool! We will all continue to try and pjn down the rarity of yours.

As you know, if you want to keep it rare, and keep it on that basis, the only downside would be "only reversible mods," or the value of your rarity gets diminished.

Since LRG are less than 1% of all 2014's, now compounded by the fact that ZF1's are a one week consensus only, agree with you, and doubt that there will be even 10.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AFVETTE, "the person hopefully with the very RARE car," thanks for that reminder. Very cool! We will all continue to try and pjn down the rarity of yours.

As you know, if you want to keep it rare, and keep it on that basis, the only downside would be "only reversible mods," or the value of your rarity gets diminished.

Since LRG are less than 1% of all 2014's, now compounded by the fact that ZF1's are a one week consensus only, agree with you, and doubt that there will be even 10.
It's all for fun, I know it won't amount to a hill of beans when it comes to any future value. But not since the hay day of the COPO's have many mass produced Corvette's even come close to some of the "oddities" that slipped into the Vette's history.

What's important I hope to get the Vette of my dreams and will drive the hell out of it for as long as I can.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Did anyone notice on this option that the ad notes the spoiler is body color but the buyers guide states it will be the CF mirrors and spoiler?

Got a call on this today from my dealer working on this option with GM. This discrepancy came up in the conversation.

You wonder how they produce an ad for the dealers one way and the buying guide another. My contacts at GM are trying to get this added to my car before it is produced. I have ordered a Crystal Red with CF roof and now the CF mirrors and spoiler with this option, not the black wheels though. Should look nice.

·
Registered
765 Posts
There's a LOT of confusion regarding this package. I personally want matte silver Z51 style wheels and body colored Z51 style rear spoiler. However some are saying that the spoiler is CF.

This is going to make me take a wait and see approach and resign myself to ordering a 2015. How horrible. Lol.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I understand now the basic ZF1 option is the body color spoiler and the silver wheels, you can add the CF mirrors and spoiler for a $100 to that package though. It was finally cleared up regarding the guide.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
VIN 32826 was built yesterday. So my LRG w/RPO ZF1 should be home soon. How many, now that's the question.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Will be very rare indeed. However, unlikely this will make it valuable or sought-after. Only way that would have occurred is if the initial Z51 package just had the options of the current ZF1 package, and then late in the year they just made a few cars optioned as the usual Z51. That way you would have a rare car with a lot of extras that very few would have instead of a model that comes with less.

It is an interesting rarity, but will probably be very common in 2015 given the big difference in cost (+>$3000) between the 2 models. It does make those who purchased their Z51 before the March price increase feel pretty good about the bargain they received.

It would be interesting to know how many would have gotten the ZF1 package rather than the Z51 if it had been offered from the beginning.

There could be a similar "rarity" if they offer magnetic ride on a non-Z51 at the end of the 2015 MY. That is something that likely would be sought after.

·
Registered
186 Posts
There was a very low mileage LRG 2lt Z51 7 speed vert with the ZF! package for sale here in GA

·
Registered
97 Posts
Z51 is about 4k on the 2014s and is 5k on the 2015s due the addition of the performance exhaust with the Z51 package for '15. ZF1 is 1,995 for both years. Hope that helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
184 Posts
There was a very low mileage LRG 2lt Z51 7 speed vert with the ZF! package for sale here in GA
A Z51 would not have a ZF1 package. The ZF1 package is the wheels and spoiler from a Z51 put on the base car, or better known as the Z51 appearance package in real world terms. You can't have both.

My understanding from discussion with GM mgmt is that only 85 - 2014's will have this package. From a model year perspective it will be rare given what 35k 2014's will be produced. Whether it adds value long term, probably not, but it will be a conversation item for the owner and 'Vette enthusiasts which is kinda neat.

I think it is a smart move to add it as an option in 2015. Most 'Vette buyers will not track there car but like the look of the Z51 wheels which are bigger with different rims, the spoiler is nice as well. If you consider chrome wheels on the base car run about the same price as the Z51 wheels and you get the spoiler thrown in the package at $1995 provides some value for buyers who just like the look. IMHO given the age group buying these cars it's a smart move, most aren't aggressive drivers.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sorry, thought the ZF1 was the carbon spoiler and mirrors

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I take delivery in 6 hours. Suspect this is the FIRST ZF1 delivered in the country.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I take delivery in 6 hours. Suspect this is the FIRST ZF1 delivered in the country.
Post some pics if you don't mind. Would like to see how the ZF1 looks with different rotors and calipers. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Am still trying to determine how many ZF1's were actually produced in 2014 and how many were LRG. Would the new Corvette Black Book have this info?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Given that only 85 2014 ZF1 were produced, and the low take rate of LRG, I would assume you have a unique car until proven otherwise

1 - 20 of 20 Posts