Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
How much will be z06 2015 Cop and convertible ????

And when be available to order it in chevy dealers ??

I see some of the say
75,000 to 100,000 $$ ok
This is price for cop or convertible ???

And thanks

·
Registered
817 Posts
The truth of the matter is nobody outside of possibly some folks in GM no what the price will be. Heck, GM might not even have it nailed down.

The $75k to $100K is a good estimate. Some think less, some think more. I would speculate it will be a bit more...maybe $5K or so. I base that on 60+ years of irrelevant experience, biased personal opinion, and alcohol consumption. Oh yeah, and also something else. But I forget what that was.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm thinking for the basic coupe,is there such A thing with the Z- 06?I'm thinking as basic as you can get will be $85,000.So do ya think I'm near the number or way off?And of course add $6000-$7000 more for the convertible.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts

I see some of the say
75,000 to 100,000 $$ ok

And thanks

By @corvettec7
Instagram
Welcome to my world
It's all just speculation at this point, mostly based on the easily misinterpreted quotes of some top Corvette folks at GM.

That said, I doubt the base coupe will be $75K...thinking it will be a somewhat higher. $100K could get you a well-equipped version.

Current coupe to convert premium is $5K. Expecting similar jump for Z06 coupe to convert...maybe a few $$ higher.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
25 Posts

I see some of the say
75,000 to 100,000 $$ ok

And thanks

By @corvettec7
Instagram
Welcome to my world
Hi; I have no clue but can I ask what do you do in Kuwait???

·
18,670 Posts
Harlan Charles and Tadge Juechter were totally honest and on point 18 months ago, when they introduced the StingRay, saying if you could afford a C6, you could afford a StingRay. It 's final price with all its significant upgrades was $1,400 more than the 2013 Corvette.

They similarly promised when they introduced the Z06 on 1.13.14, that if you could afford a C6 Z06, you can afford a 2015 Z06. they will follow through on that commitment.à

Base price estimates range from $75,000 to $85,000, with all wishing of course for it being in the $70K's. The convertible will start at $5K more. And, yes, fully loaded, both can exceed $100K.

Stay tuned, for we will know in September!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Harlan Charles and Tadge Juechter were totally honest and on point 18 months ago, when they introduced the StingRay, saying if you could afford a C6, you could afford a StingRay. It 's final price with all its significant upgrades was $1,400 more than the 2013 Corvette.

They similarly promised when they introduced the Z06 on 1.13.14, that if you could afford a C6 Z06, you can afford a 2015 Z06. they will follow through on that commitment.à

Base price estimates range from $75,000 to $85,000, with all wishing of course for it being in the $70K's. The convertible will start at $5K more. And, yes, fully loaded, both can exceed $100K.

Stay tuned, for we will know in September!

I would bet if a Base Z06 could be bought for $75K there will be a lot of them sold... The Max out Coupe is close to $78K so all that power at $75 would be a large waiting list. I would guss starting price closer to $85K and up. My $.02

As far as you guys on the list to buy one... I'm JEALOUS...;) It's going to be a Great Car.

Reactions: thrilled

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I would bet if a Base Z06 could be bought for $75K there will be a lot of them sold... The Max out Coupe is close to $78K so all that power at $75 would be a large waiting list. I would guss starting price closer to $85K and up. My $.02

As far as you guys on the list to buy one... I'm JEALOUS...;) It's going to be a Great Car.
Don't be Jealous FCCCVPMan. Wait until September for the prices to come out on the Z06 and weigh the actual, not speculative price differences between the fully loaded Z51 and the Z06 and work from there.... There might not be that huge of a price difference. Based on my own past experiences with compromise in the interest of trying to save a few bucks, I always found myself looking back and wishing I had just gone for it to begin with. This time around I'm going for it and I know I'm not going to have any regrets. Think outside the box and go for it and don't look back!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Mine is set and my Daughters Edu is going to take a big enough hit..lol
So no Z06 for me. my soon to be 2015 will have to do.:cool:

Reactions: greggshere

·
Registered
219 Posts
Seeing that we haven't been lied to yet I think we should listen to the folks at GM until we know for sure. Doing that, expect the base price to be 35k less than ZR1 base price. It has been stated before that option prices may be inflated to raise the prices. Even with a 90k base it appears to be a super car bargin. We shall see

·
Registered
533 Posts
What I remember them saying was if you could buy a C6 Z06 you could buy a C7 Z06. That is not the same as if a C6 Z06 was 5k more than a Stock C6 then the same price def. will be for the Z06 C7.
I think they ment, If you can buy a 85k car you can buy a 95K car.

Reactions: Derrick1812

·
18,670 Posts
I really hesitated on the C7. I just believe with 650 HP up from 455 it will have to be an insurance buster.
That will depend on the driving record, age, location, etc., of the driver. My insurance company, one of top three in size, told me that why they will re-qualify even existing insurance policy holders due to the Z06 huge power, that they will insure me for not much more than what I am currently paying for my C6 Z06. My agent said that while their final 2015 Z06 rates are still being determined, I will paying, for my current significant policy levels, between $600-800 per year (about a 10% increase). (Note: Live in the country, low traffic, low crime area, etc.)

It was very interesting to note that even current policy holders with this company may not have policies written for the Z06. Communication with your insurance company before ordering a Z06 is therefore probably prudent.

·
Registered
817 Posts
What I remember them saying was if you could buy a C6 Z06 you could buy a C7 Z06. That is not the same as if a C6 Z06 was 5k more than a Stock C6 then the same price def. will be for the Z06 C7.
I think they ment, If you can buy a 85k car you can buy a 95K car.
I think your interpretation is correct!

·
18,670 Posts
I think they ment, If you can buy an 85k car you can buy an 95k car.
The Corvette team did not play that game with the StingRay. They could have said that the average price of a C6 was $66,000 and so we are introducing a StingRay with more power, better handling, better interior, better fuel economy, a seven speed manual trans with rev matching standard, a better exterior, better technology such two 8" high def infotainment screens, etc., etc., for $59,995. Instead the 2014 StingRay was $51,000 compared to $49,600 for the 2013 C6.

·
Registered
817 Posts
That will depend on the driving record, age, location, etc., of the driver. My insurance company, one of top three in size, told me that why they will re-qualify even existing insurance policy holders due to the Z06 huge power, that they will insure me for not much more than what I am currently paying for my C6 Z06. My agent said that while their final 2015 Z06 rates are still being determined, I will paying, for my current significant policy levels, between $600-800 per year (about a 10% increase). (Note: Live in the country, low traffic, low crime area, etc.)

It was very interesting to note that even current policy holders with this company may not have policies written for the Z06. Communication with your insurance company before ordering a Z06 is therefore probably prudent.
I agree.

Almost a year ago I asked my insurance agent to quote for a $80K 2013 Z06 and a $120K 2013 ZR1. The ZR1 insurance was more expensive, but not by a huge amount. When I asked about the difference, he told me it was mostly due to value of the car, and a little because of the horsepower. I have an excellent credit rating, no points on my license, live in a rural area, and have a 40+ year history with the insurance company. One can imagine the answer will depend on who is asking. A much younger person with a few speeding tickets and a DWI will likely get a totally different answer! It is not so much the power of the car, but who and where the car will be driven. Bad credit (yep, there is such a thing as an insurance score) and a lousy driving record and will cost big time...maybe even no-go for insurance.

I have an offshore sport boat (Fountain 35' Lightening) with twin big block blower motors. MANY companies flat out will not insure it. Personal liability policies have been know to be not renewed for people who have bought such a boat. If the boat owner is not squeaky clean and an experienced in high performance boats, insurance can be next to impossible to buy. Some owners foolishly obtain insurance by not being totally honest. Our policy states my wife and I are the only "named operators" that will be insured, and if alcohol or drugs is indicated as a cause of an accident, kiss your insurance good-bye. Ditto id any modifications are made and not reported to the insurance company. (Hello, folks modifying their cars may be in for a big surprise come claim time!) Again. the vehicle is a yellow flag, but the owner/operator will be a huge determining factor that could become a red flag to an insurance company.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nice to see you enjoy a little speed on the water too LT1X. Do you poker run at all? I do some of the FPC events with my buddy and his 42 Tiger twin step. I am sadly without an offshore right now : (

A 2015 Z07 vert is needed first : )

1 - 20 of 25 Posts