Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone direct me the procedure and contact info to contact GM customer care for a warranty issue? My C7 has been in the dealer service department for 26 days due to the delayed engagement. Now with the strike the availability of parts is non existent. Now i am being told they are looking for a GM re-manufactured transmission and torque converter for my car as the one they found in Texas arrived broken and they can't use it. I believe this is more about getting my car out of their service department asap rather than doing the best possible outcome for the owner, me. Honestly I am not comfortable with a re-manufactured drive train.
Wondering if i have any choice in accepting a re-manufactured drive train vs a brand new model for this warranty replacement.

Thank-you

·
Administrator
15,036 Posts
Unfortunately we no longer have our own GM dedicated Customer Care group, but I found this in the Owners Manual

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately we no longer have our own GM dedicated Customer Care group, but I found this in the Owners Manual
View attachment 276095
Thanks Jeff. I think I will try one more time to contact the dealer before I resort to contacting GM. My experience tells me that they don't like it when you go to the "head Office" sorta speak.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Well good luck. I have a 2020 2500 Denali diesel with an issue and my dealer here is one of the biggest there is. They are backed up big time. Cannot get parts, cars sitting on lifts. I am looking at most likely 4 weeks before I take mine in because it is drivable and it is on repair 2 of 3. Imagine it will be there for awhile because of the coordination with GM on this the next to last repair attempt before they get it back.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I feel your pain about the transmission delay issue. (See my post "A8 transmission woes") My 2015 was in the dealer service dept for a week and they did replace the trans. After I finally got the receipt, I saw that it was a reman trans. I was completely satisfied until I read that, but will accept it until something else goes wrong. (I hope never.) I do have an extended warranty so am not too concerned. I looked up the part on a GM parts website and they do supply remanufactured transmissions "as good as a factory new one". Time will tell. Hang in there.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I feel your pain about the transmission delay issue. (See my post "A8 transmission woes") My 2015 was in the dealer service dept for a week and they did replace the trans. After I finally got the receipt, I saw that it was a reman trans. I was completely satisfied until I read that, but will accept it until something else goes wrong. (I hope never.) I do have an extended warranty so am not too concerned. I looked up the part on a GM parts website and they do supply remanufactured transmissions "as good as a factory new one". Time will tell. Hang in there.
Picked it up today 32 days in Service Department jail. Sure shifts different and they kept it overnight to make sure no delayed engagement. I also have extended service contract.
Yes time will tell.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
You should contact a "Lemon Law" attorney. That long in the shop quailifies your car as a "lemon". There are several options available. 1: They compensate you, and you keep the car. 2: They buy back the car from you, returning all money you have paid into it. 3: They give you a new car. I had this issue with a Nissan, and they bought it back from me.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I had a Jeep I fought with for years. Corporate customer care resolved the issue over night and had an engine replacement shipped. Wish I had called them earlier. As for the back log, I took mine in for a windshield washer-fluid motor this week and it took four days to get the part. Wish they had just told me about the lack of parts and said I would do better to bring it in later. Luckily, mine is not a mission critical part. Good luck. Sorry for your troubles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks Jeff. I think I will try one more time to contact the dealer before I resort to contacting GM. My experience tells me that they don't like it when you go to the "head Office" sorta speak.
Don't waste your time with GM NON customer service. I have had 2 triple flushes done in the past 3 months and still have the shudder. The dealer said at this point I needed to contact GM. Called them and followed up with a email. I ws told my case was being "elevated" to a SENIOR adviser. Well 10 phone calls, as many emails and there was only one return call in the middle of the day while I was at work and unable to answer. I called right back THREE TIMES and again left messages.

Hey GM, I'm going MOPAR next time.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You should contact a "Lemon Law" attorney. That long in the shop quailifies your car as a "lemon". There are several options available. 1: They compensate you, and you keep the car. 2: They buy back the car from you, returning all money you have paid into it. 3: They give you a new car. I had this issue with a Nissan, and they bought it back from me.
I'm not an attorney but I'm betting the strike will have an impact on that. That is out of the mfg control and at least half that time was them looking for a replacement trans. Maybe something I would consider should i have a problem with this transmission.

·
Administrator
15,036 Posts
I'm not an attorney but I'm betting the strike will have an impact on that. That is out of the mfg control and at least half that time was them looking for a replacement trans. Maybe something I would consider should i have a problem with this transmission.
Additionally, Lemon laws differ state to state. If you decide to go that route please check with your DMV for the relevant facts.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes. I believe it is 30 days in Ca. Or 3 times for the same issue but yes requirements differ from State to State.
And i don't know how the strike would figure into the equation as well.
Not my hope or desire anyway.
Hoping it's behind me and back to trying to make time for top down driving fun in my Corvette..

·
Registered
10,212 Posts
Yes. I believe it is 30 days in Ca. Or 3 times for the same issue but yes requirements differ from State to State.
And i don't know how the strike would figure into the equation as well.
Not my hope or desire anyway.
Hoping it's behind me and back to trying to make time for top down driving fun in my Corvette..

You have a 2015. The window on California lemon law has expired for you. It has been too long, and that is no longer an option.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts