Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thanks Meyerweb,

Today all parts needed from Amazon got to me in Switzerland. Couldn't resisit to build the mod DIY as you perfectly described. Easy to follow step by step. Couldn't start my car in the Garage as it was already 12 pm (did not want to disturb neighbors) . But all seems to work. Clicking sound was clearly hearable and exhaust relay seems to switch correctly. Will start my car tomorrow. Thanks again awesome description and illustration

Marry ^Christmas

dani

·
Registered
229 Posts
Just finished this on my 2015! Thanks for the great instructions, I programmed my visor buttons too. I had the parts ordered weeks ago and sitting on my desk, but once I decided to just get this done it didn't take long at all to complete.

·
Registered
229 Posts
so I've driven the car a few times after installing this, it seems that at initial startup the exhaust is always open now and I have to push the button to close it no matter where it was when the car was shut off. Is this normal? I thought on my C6 when I had one of these it would remember the last setting and start up in that position. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Since my DIY days are over I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Mild2Wild wireless product for the C7? Thoughts on ease of installation, performance, ease of programming, etc. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
127 Posts
jimp94605...what appears to be the manufacturers website is rather confusing with respect to model compatibility. However there are a number of other vendors who sell the device. I purchased mine from RPI (I believe they are a supporting vendor of this website ). It is clearly compatible with the C7. Hope this helps.

·
Administrator
16,510 Posts
I'm a bit confused the web site says its not for C7s...
NCM store sells a plug and play Mild to Wild specifically for the C7.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Mild2Wild sells versions for various generations. Not all are compatible with the C7, but they do make one that is.

RPI is not a supporting vendor, but some of our vendors do, I'm sure, sell the same product.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I purchased mine from Southern Car Parts. It is sold specifically for the C7. I can't install it until the car is out of storage in the spring.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
I'm a bit confused the web site says its not for C7s...
jimp94605, welcome aboard. Continue to research through the SRF concerning this mod, it will give you many options on the route you will decide to pursue.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
5 Posts
Awesome write up! Once the parts came in, it took me less than an hour to make and install it. Works great!

Thanks for the work you put in to this.

Mike

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thank you. Glad it helped.

·
Administrator
16,510 Posts
Images seem to be broken, they were working about a week ago. Any chance of bringing them back?
The problem is being worked upon by site admin/owners. Hopefully resolved soon.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
How To: Do it yourself Mild to Wild switch (remote NPP "fuse pull")

Images seem to be broken, they were working about a week ago. Any chance of bringing them back?
I’ve read this write up and photos before, and it is good. However, this is not a hard DIY project. If you have your kit and want it installed quickly (before the photos are fixed on the site), YouTube also has several videos to supplement meyerweb’s detailed written description.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Welcome to the forum, itch. Unfortunately, as Jeff said, it's a forum issue, and nothing I can address. If the don't get it fixed soon, I probably still have the original images on my PC, and could dig them up and send them to you.

Reactions: Wolf's Stinger

·
Registered
31 Posts
Tried the modification today, but no joy. I couldn't get the relay to function (at least I never heard it click.) I checked continuity of all the connections that I could and they were all good. I tried taking the ground from outside the fuse box and still nothing.

So next I will try testing with a 12v power supply, just to see if I can determine if the relay is bad. Not an electrician so, we'll see how it goes.

Excellent write-up BTW. I'll just mention (in case I didn't miss it elsewhere) that replay #63 is #62 in 2014 (at least in mine.) The photos depict it accurately however.

For now, I'll just run with no fuse...

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Thanks for the update on the relay. I knew the fuse was different in 2014, but not the relay. Good luck figuring it out.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Maybe this was already covered but is it possible for this DIY version to always start valves closed on a 2017.

My understanding or impression is no since the circuit doesn’t have power right before startup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 45 Posts