·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Looks like a micro-screwdriver with a piece of 2000 grit sandpaper stuck to the cap. I'm very intersted in your procedure Glen. I've done this a few times over the years with varied results, so I'm all ears and eyes. :)

·
Registered
827 Posts
I'll be tuned in...

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Looks like a micro-screwdriver with a piece of 2000 grit sandpaper stuck to the cap. I'm very intersted in your procedure Glen. I've done this a few times over the years with varied results, so I'm all ears and eyes. :)

Bingo! I think this is ingenious - from the guys at AMMO:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6xi3xmeO6C4

No pics today, the clear I applied yesterday to the " crater" did not fill it, so alcohol swab and more going on today. I'm using a very small artist paintbrush , the touch bottle brushes are too crude. No "fine touch". Not even using touch up bottle, just spraying some clear from my 12 oz rattle can into the top cap and using that "puddle" to apply. More tomorrow with the tool above. And the tool BTW, is a spot of 2500 grit paper.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Great post Glen! I did a 2450 mile road trip this last week and picked up several chips in the paint, so this will be helpful. Only one small one on the very left front portion of the bumper, but many small ones on both sides of the car behind the lower rear portion of the doors on the leading edge of the rocker where the doors are slightly inset. Almost wonder if a set of side skirts would catch the rocks/gravel?

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
267 Posts
Bingo! I think this is ingenious - from the guys at AMMO:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6xi3xmeO6C4

No pics today, the clear I applied yesterday to the " crater" did not fill it, so alcohol swab and more going on today. I'm using a very small artist paintbrush , the touch bottle brushes are too crude. No "fine touch". Not even using touch up bottle, just spraying some clear from my 12 oz rattle can into the top cap and using that "puddle" to apply. More tomorrow with the tool above. And the tool BTW, is a spot of 2500 grit paper.
Very informative video. It looks like best results are achieved with a little patience. Mixing the paint and clear-coat sounds like an effective approach to smooth results.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry guys I blew it, it was so easy, I forgot to take pics....but here's what happened:

The clear was dry enuf to use the pencil/paper above and a few quick turns and it was smooth enuf to start polishing...
then a spot of Meg's 105 Ultra Cut on a MF, and the extra clear outside the gash went away in about 10 strokes
then a spot of Meg's 205 Fine polish, another 10 strokes, and the gash is gone.

the one-two punch that cleans up everything:

I'm sure it's not up to spec with some of the perfectionists here, but I use the 6 inch rule:

If I can only see it at when I'm 6 inches from it, it's a success...LOL

·
Registered
896 Posts
Those professionals at ammonyc.com are very helpful to share all their tips ! Awesome videos :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts