Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope I didn't tease anyone. I have no clue how and am asking anyone who does know. With all this technology, it seems insane there is not a way to import all the POI's I have stored on my portable Garmin. Did not see any info on this in the infotainment manual.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I googled that question and there doesn't appear to be a way to do that with a garmin.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Garmin allows you to export a file in .CVS format, common for import/exports that GPS recognize across the board. Are there any formats the GM system uses that it recognizes?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, getting closer to my answer. Saw a section in the infotainment guide that outlines how to do this. Calling Chevrolet Customer support is useless. They have people on the phones that are quite ignorant, as you can tell all they are doing is looking at the same literature we have. Wasted an hour on the phone going from GM navdisc support (sorry, all we take are orders) to calling Chevrolet customer care (answer: No, you can't do it.) who gave me number for Navteq (sorry, all we take are orders). Frustrating, but I will get an answer on this and enlighten everyone here!

Most disappointing on this system is inability to view 'tracks' or 'bread crumb trails', which would have been nice to make notes about which roads we travelled on during vacation that were notable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts