Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it turns out the C7 does not like ferries, the vibrations set off the alarm especially when the ferry is maneuvering in harbors.

So how I lock the car and not engage the alarm?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
17,102 Posts
I think all you need to do is turn off the motion/incline sensor at the switch left of the steering column on the dash.

·
Registered
591 Posts
^^^ This is correct. Just remember to press the button and set it back off each time you cycle the ignition on/off. I sometimes forget to do this and my sunshade moves just enough to trigger the alarm.🤓

·
Registered
10,658 Posts
Who’s going to steal it? Where they going to drive it on a ferry?
I would lock mine as well on a ferry. Obviously, it wouldn't be about somebody stealing the car; rather, it would be about walking away and enjoying the views, without having the thought of if someone is going to open a door and steal my laptop bag, for example.

·
Registered
2021 C8 Torch Red Hardtop Convertible, 2LT package, Front lift, GT2 Seats, Red Interior, Red caliper
39 Posts
I think all you need to do is turn off the motion/incline sensor at the switch left of the steering column on the dash.
I've owned my C7 for almost 8 years (original battery still) but never noticed that button to turn off the incline motion sensor. (Motion/incline sensor?) That explains why when we sit in the car with my 2 year old grandson behind the wheel and the car auto-locks, the alarm goes off when he starts to bounce on the seat.

I guess it's time to read that manual again!

Reactions: jsvette

·
Administrator
17,102 Posts
I've owned my C7 for almost 8 years (original battery still) but never noticed that button to turn off the incline motion sensor. (Motion/incline sensor?) That explains why when we sit in the car with my 2 year old grandson behind the wheel and the car auto-locks, the alarm goes off when he starts to bounce on the seat.

I guess it's time to read that manual again!
The incline sensor is also convenient to use when you are working on a wheel/tire and raise the car using a jack.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts