Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered carbon flash stingray emblems to replace the chrome ones on my black C7. Wondering what the safest way to remove the factory fish would be?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome! Thanks for reference. Think I'll do the flags (both) and lettering if these go well.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just replaced the flag emblems on my Laguna Blue 1LT 7spd non-Z51 today. Both front and back together took me about 20 minutes start to finish, it was easy based on Glen E's instructions. Instead of his eye dropper bottle I used a small model brush and dripped the Goo Gone into the recesses around the badge, waited 2-3 minutes, then used the fish line to "saw" it off. It actually took longer removing the adhesive remnants than it did getting the badge off! After cleaning the adhesive off I used alcohol to clean the area and finally water after that. Here's the recess for the rear badge, if anyone is interested:

ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1414970189.374764.jpg

And here's the front badge recess:

ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1414970251.523887.jpg

After installing the badges I re-waxed the general area, the results were spectacular, Laguna Blue and Carbon Flash are definitely a good combination!

·
Administrator
16,595 Posts
Well done Guitar Man- good update on the how-to instructions as well.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I know you're right Glen...I'm 57 but have the lack of patience of a 16 year old, not too proud to admit it!
the other site has a post 5 min ago where impatience caused the paint to rip off....for others reading here, please do it my way....(or the way I was taught)

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Here's the final result on the rear:

View attachment 15262

Now I just need to find Carbon Flash "Corvette" lettering...
It looks really good Guitar Man! I like my chrome badges since I have chrome wheels, but I have to say, it really looks good with the carbon flash on the back. There is so much carbon flash on the rear end anyway it makes sense and looks correct. Once you get the carbon flash "Corvette" on there it will look excellent! I may just have to reconsider having carbon flash badging on the back of my LGB. :)

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
carbon flash corvette lettering is now a GM part, avail at any dealer:

23183706 Stingray emblem sides
23183712 flag emblem front
23183715 flag emblem rear
22996232 corvette lettering for rear

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thank you everyone for the replies (and advice Glenn!). I appreciate the part numbers, next stop GM online to get the CF "Corvette" lettering. I also have the CF Stingray emblems for the side, but since I'm guessing they don't have the recess under them for relatively easy alignment, I need to work out a system (I'm guessing tape?) to mark current alignment before I take them off. I don't want crooked fish on the side of this beautiful car...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts