Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK SRF, I am getting ready for the upcoming Big Bend Open Road Race and need to install some race equipment and need to remove the seats. I have searched YouTube and this illustrious Forum but can't seem to find a straight forward guide. Can anyone here help me out with the steps to remove the seats so that I can install a lap belt harness bar system then replace the seats on top of this since they bolt to the back of the seat floor pan bolts? I appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Bryan

Reactions: ALCHMST

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,172 Posts
It's pretty straightforward - Easy Peasy!

There are four bolts at each corner that is bolted to the floor. Remove the nuts, disconnect the wiring harnesses and lift the seats out with the top off. I suggest you move or recline or tilt your back forward as it would make removing easier.

The seats are heavy so I suggest you have a second pair of hands to you can safely lift up maneuver as you don't want the metal bottom of seats to touch and damage your interior with a scratch or tear.

Seat removal.jpg

OK SRF, I am getting ready for the upcoming Big Bend Open Road Race and need to install some race equipment and need to remove the seats. I have searched YouTube and this illustrious Forum but can't seem to find a straight forward guide. Can anyone here help me out with the steps to remove the seats so that I can install a lap belt harness bar system then replace the seats on top of this since they bolt to the back of the seat floor pan bolts? I appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Bryan

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kgrant, thanks for this information. Just confirming that removing the 4 bolts and the wiring harness is it? Too easy. Nothing to do specifically for the seat airbags? I guess that harness connection takes care of it. Really appreciate the help. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,172 Posts
You will get an airbag light on dash until you put the seats back in place so there really isn't nothing else to do but again remove top, tilt seat back forward and left straight up is the best way to remove from my experience.

Kgrant, thanks for this information. Just confirming that removing the 4 bolts and the wiring harness is it? Too easy. Nothing to do specifically for the seat airbags? I guess that harness connection takes care of it. Really appreciate the help. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,172 Posts
You will get an airbag warning light on dash until you put the seats back in place so there really isn't nothing else to do but again remove top, tilt seat back forward and left straight up is the best way to remove from my experience.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
There is an airbag in the seats. It's generally recommended to disconnect the battery before removing the airbag in the steering wheel, so it might be a good idea to do that before removing the seat.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Bob, I actually woke up yesterday thinking just that thought.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I took my seats out to put in the sound deadening under the carpet floor. I found advice in the "how to" section, either under "interior removal" or "sound deadening install". There was 2 really good pieces of advice:
1. disconnect battery before disconnecting the seats, so the airbag warning light is not an issue - something about a reset. Plus, I never want to be at risk of that thing going off when I am messing with the seat.
2. leave plenty of space next to the car to place the seat when it comes out. Leave the seatbelts connected, disconnect the 4 seat bolts, electrical connection, then remove seat while rotating it 180 degrees and placing it outside the car. Now remove seat belts if you want to, now that you have better access to all of the bolts. I didn't have to remove my seatbelts for my project, so I don't know exactly what it takes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts