Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my nice Torch Red Stingray on Friday and I noticed a stain on the paint. I tried taking it off but I only managed to put swirl marks in the area around the stain, but the stain is still there.

The stain itself looks like a drop of liquid splashed on the paint. My guess is it may be a drop of strong adhesive but I;m not sure. I'm thinking maybe something from the factory may have splashed on. I'll try to post a picture but the photos aren't coming out great.

Does anyone have any suggestions for removing the stain?

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
It all depends If it sitting top of the paint or in the paint.
I'd try a bunch of things, but stop rubbing it...
Clay with rinseless as a lube (actually a nano skin sponge)
Alcohol
Finishing polish

And it may need a repaint....while it's new, let the dealer fix it before he blames you...or the environment ....

·
Registered
582 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a torch red C7 and I noticed a peculiar stain on my hood that appear under the paint, it was very large. The guy at the body shop told me that the C7 has a new type of paint (don't know) and that it had not been buffed properly. They kept it for about an hour and it looked brand new when they were done. It was peculiar in that you could only see it in the daylight, which is why is didn't show up in the garage or the dealer's showroom. Very strange. I'm not sure about everything the dealer body shop guy told me, but I have no reason to doubt it, and he did take care of it........

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took it to the dealership and they said their service guys will take a look. Sounds like they might take care of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts